• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    With a nine cent plated bullet and a five cent primer, you're at fourteen cents. Add in powder and you'd probably break even.

How much do you like reloading?

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I shoot FM reloads and their American Steel line. No issues in my CZ P01 or 9mm Hi-Point carbine. What iH8 said, do it if you like it or it lets you tinker with loads. Otherwise for range use, FM is more than adequate IMO.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    PSA has free shipping on 20 boxes of Blaser Aluminum case 115 gr 9mm @ $7.99 a box. I have 9mm set up on my Dillon SDB and I've stopped reloading for 9.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Most deals are on standard velocity 115gr loads, but for competition, I use lightly loaded 124-147gr, ends up costing about the same, but for ammo that suits me better.

Mike4Maryland

Harford County, MD USA
    Apr 5, 2013
    I like to reload 9s and 40s in Jan/Feb. About 3k-4k rnds. Lately I have been reloading some as I listen to Orioles games. :)

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I've been thinking the same thing. In the last three days 1800 rnds 9mm reloaded .... I have a ton of powder/primers so there's my rationale rationelle , reasoning!
    As Alucard mentioned, I prefer my own recipe too.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    With a nine cent plated bullet and a five cent primer, you're at fourteen cents. Add in powder and you'd probably break even.

How much do you like reloading?

5 cent primer? That's about 2 cents too much.

Thx for the post OP. Unless you have the free time to cast & powder coat, or just like to do it, yes, 9mm and plinking 223 is getting cheap to just buy. Once I get my bench set back up. I think I"m just doing precision rifle stuff and milsurps once my stores are depleted. Trouble is that by the time I finish what I have, the price may be back up from some "scare on the news" situation.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    It's still worth reloading to me to get actual FMJ bullets...

Everglades FMJ 115 gr = 6.5 cents/rd
    Primer - 3 cents/rd
    powder - 1.5 cents/rd

Total = 11 cents/rd

Save on 9mm through volume, save on 357 and 44 through pure per round cost savings. Where I really struggle is whether to reload 45 acp because I don't shoot very much of it.

Targetsportsusa has new FMJ ammo for 19 cents a round. Nothing against FM but I would be inclined to spend the extra little bit and get new ammo if I were buying it.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I'm only reloading if it's a special recipe or for a rifle. Typical pistol rounds aren't worth it any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom