• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    So I am looking at getting a .308 Win bolt action hunting rifle. I am looking at a Tikka T3 Hunter rifle and a CZ 550 FS rifle. So which should I get? I like both of them, they are the same prices, and are both excellent quality. I am in a deadlock and could use some help from my fellow MD Shooters.... :o

- Makarov Kid

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    How are the bolts? I know the Tikka is silky smooth and the CZ is a modern Mauser bolt, but what makes the CZ better than Tikka? What makes the Tikka better than CZ?

-Makarov Kid

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the tikka has an accuracy guarantee (think it's 1" or MOA). Not sure about the CZ. doesn't necessarily mean the tikka is more accurate...

i had a tikka lite .300 win mag for a little bit. with that round and a very light gun it kicked like a mad mule. you wouldn't notice it when hunting, but at the bench that thing hurt.

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    the tikka has an accuracy guarantee (think it's 1" or MOA). Not sure about the CZ. doesn't necessarily mean the tikka is more accurate...

i had a tikka lite .300 win mag for a little bit. with that round and a very light gun it kicked like a mad mule. you wouldn't notice it when hunting, but at the bench that thing hurt.

Well for a round like that, I would definitely go with a CZ because it's heavier. Problem is, 308 Winchester doesn't have much recoil and a Tikka rifle with its lightness wouldn't be a problem. So CZ or Tikka? :shrug:

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I loved the Tikka I used to have. The bolt was butter smooth. I looked at many a rifle, Weatherby, Winchester, Remington, Mossberg. None of those listed had a bolt even similar to how smooth the Tikka was. And it was very accurate to boot just like the guarantee.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    CZ firearms have a tendency to wear EXTREMELY WELL. They're built like tanks, and you have to understand that the entire Czech infrastructure is built on a cornerstone of firearms innovation.

Definitely the CZ. You wouldn't do bad with the Tikka, but I have NEVER regretted a CZ purchase.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I don't know much at all about tikka, but I've only ever heard love stories about cz and their customer support, people love them.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Love my Tika T3 Lite .243. But am also a huge CZ fan though I only own a couple of CF, lots of RF. I think the 550 is a great rifle line. My personal choice would be the full stock version. Wish I could be more help. Think I would go with the CZ. They have fanatical following. And one other thing, CZ has great customer service whereas Beretta's sucks and that's who you have to deal with for Tika.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom