• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Got a call at home. A Washington Post reporter wants to talk about HB703, the antique firearms bill.

No idea of his questions and very aware of the Post's viewpoint. I did testify in oppostion, but I'm wondering if anyone else got called.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Very interesting. Dumais must have someone prodding around so she has a little more political capital to move this next session.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Got a call at home. A Washington Post reporter wants to talk about HB703, the antique frirearms bill.

No idea of his questions and very aware of the Post's viewpoint. I did testify in oppostion, but I'm wondering if anyone else got called.

Search your posts to be sure you didn't accidentally leave some personal information out there.

I did once, and it caused no end of pain.

WaPo goes to great lengths to gather information here, it seems...

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Ms. Dumais wants to do "something". But if the killer had not been able to buy a black powder gun, he could have gone into Target and bought a kitchen knife. You can't legislate against such evil.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Ms. Dumais wants to do "something". But if the killer had not been able to buy a black powder gun, he could have gone into Target and bought a kitchen knife. You can't legislate against such evil.

What? Criminals don't stop getting weapons even though it's illegal for them to have them?

That's crazy talk!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'd settle for an uncensored OP-ED piece.

You never know what they are going to print if you give them an interview.

I'd probably want to submit written answers to written questions, with the agreement that the entire question and answer would be published, unedited, subject only to a word count limit agreed in advance.

The reporter might have found something in his testimony that he wants to dissect, parse, dice, and reformulate to portray antique gun owners as modern merchants of death with a sense of history, then get an updated response out of context to further the agenda. :sad20:

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Jim12, "antique gun owners as modern merchants of death with a sense of history," indeed. Love this. Hope you don't mind if I steal it.

Last edited:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Ms. Dumais wants to do "something".

latest

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Got a call at home. A Washington Post reporter wants to talk about HB703, the antique firearms bill.

Record you interview with the reporter. Don't trust the reporter to treat you fairly. Post your recording on YouTube with a link to any article that quotes you.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Clearly, the DemocRat Party typists over at the Wash. Post are preparing an "autopsy" report to try to figure out why the MDGA with Veto Override Majorities suffered a COMPLETE shutout and ass-kicking this year on gun bills.

Their aim is to produce an article that will serve as a battle plan for the next 8 months.

There, I said it.

And I recommend not talking to the press. I turned down EVERY press interview request over two months because our signs did the talking. Unless the media photo-shopped them, our "message" could not be edited or distorted. See how that works?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Record you interview with the reporter. Don't trust the reporter to treat you fairly. Post your recording on YouTube with a link to any article that quotes you.

Just make sure you 1) get permission & 2) declare that you are doing it since MD is a 2 party consent state; ask Linda Tripp.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Clearly, the DemocRat Party typists over at the Wash. Post are preparing an "autopsy" report to try to figure out why the MDGA with Veto Override Majorities suffered a COMPLETE shutout and ass-kicking this year.

Their aim is to produce an article that will serve as a battle plan for the next 8 months.

There, I said it.

And I recommend not talking to the press. I turned down EVERY press interview request over two months because our signs did the talking. Unless the media photo-shopped them, our "message" could not be edited or distorted. See how that works?

Where do we take our signs this summer? What parades do we make our presence felt at? :D

And now being in & somewhat settled, I have a few hours here and there to spare.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'm prepping a Maryland Patriot Picket Plan of Action....standby warriors from Garrett Co to Ocean City, and all ships at sea.

Sorry, I love the ships at sea thing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom