• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    The one camera the sensor stopped working and the other just would not take any pictures. Now mind you it was after a year of working like they should. Out of the box they worked fine for a year but with any company they are going to have some that break, that's just how it goes. Hawk hunting gear has a mount that you could screw into wood in your attic. Here is the link,

https://www.hawkhunting.com/collections/camera-accessories/products/tiny-game-camera-mount

Appreciate the comments and your link.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    moultrie brand is decent...if it takes C or D batteries its prob going to use a lot of them. AA seem to hold up well just use the energizer lithiums. They last longer.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Can these game cameras take pictures of game thru windows in your home?
    I want to see if a squirrel is traversing a certain tree and/or telephone line, then trying to get in attic.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    They use PIR Passive Infrared to pick up when to take the picture. PIR will not see through glass.

So they would take a pic through it but the sensor will not activate to take it.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Do Wildgame Innovation game cameras have to be protected from rain when in the field? Does rain hurt the camera?
    Thanks!

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    My daughter has a Wild Game, I don't think they are as good as Moultrie or some others, but you would be find handing it on a tree as long as it doesn't get submerged or mounted upside down.

Side note;
    Do you guys know that you can't leave a game camera on a metal stake and hammer the metal stake into the ground! :rolleyes: I had a setup for mine like this and my daughter wanted to move it. She never took the camera off and hammered it (with a 3# hammer no less) back into the ground. :sad20: She said "I didn't know." You have these moment as parents. You think they are all grown up and then ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom