• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    So, I bought a NM for my MP-15-22. I install it today and it's not working. The trigger appears to travel through the first stage but the selector stops it before it can go through the second stage and disengage the sear. The hammer is effectively locked in place.

I tried with both the NM supplied pins .155 and the stock .154 pins. No dice. I put the NM in a real AR and it works fine. I checked center to center on the pin holes in the receiver and they are the same as a standard AR. The selector is OEM as installed at the factory. The trigger body is not getting hung up on the "ears" of the selector.

I tried to call RRA today and their line was busy. Anyone have any advice?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Honestly..., pitch the RRA and get a Geissele -

Reason I say that is 2-folds.

1st - No comparison between the two, the Geissele is just that much nicer. I tossed my RRA NM after getting the SSA-E, not even sure where it is now.

2nd - Crazyal runs the SSA-E in his .22 AR's, and they just run, no issues.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia

1st - No comparison between the two, the Geissele is just that much nicer. I tossed my RRA NM after getting the SSA-E, not even sure where it is now.

:rolleyes:

That's a fantastic idea, I'll just throw this $100 trigger away and spend another $200 on a different trigger, that way I'll have as much invested in triggers as the gun itself costs.

I can't believe I didn't think of that. Very insightful Brad.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

if the rra doesnt work on the mp15-22 and works on the regular ar.. something else is wrong with it.

justin,

maybe replace the selector with another and try it again??

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    if the rra doesnt work on the mp15-22 and works on the regular ar.. something else is wrong with it.

justin,

maybe replace the selector with another and try it again??

I should have added that I swapped the selector too and that didn't help. The MP lower must be out of spec a couple of thousandths. That's what it's gotta be. I just wanted to be sure that I'm not missing something else.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I should have added that I swapped the selector too and that didn't help. The MP lower must be out of spec a couple of thousandths. That's what it's gotta be. I just wanted to be sure that I'm not missing something else.

:thumbsup:

maybe just the floor/depth in that trigger area of that mp is not the same dimension of an ar.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Most aftermarket Safeties are not suitable for M&P 15-22's without some fitting in my experience.

RRA 2 Stage Triggers dont always drop in, some need fitting. I dont like RRA Triggers at all, If yours is notched it wont work on the .22 anyway, it will catch on the Bolt.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    The reason most safties dont work (I was lead to beleive) was the 15-22 had a thicker lower than a standard AR. Just post your trigger for sale and buy one ya know fits! :) Oh, its its a 2 stage, RRA doesnt recommend them for the 15-22, something about breakage..not sure, didnt buy one :)

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    You asked for advice..., I gave some. :shrug:

I know buddy, but I was looking for advice on how to make what I got work. :D
    I really did mean my post tongue-in-cheek not really to offend :D

The reason most safties dont work (I was lead to beleive) was the 15-22 had a thicker lower than a standard AR. Just post your trigger for sale and buy one ya know fits! :) Oh, its its a 2 stage, RRA doesnt recommend them for the 15-22, something about breakage..not sure, didnt buy one :)

It's my understanding that the S&W performance center MP-15-22's come with a RRA NM trigger. Oh well, back to stock she has gone :D

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Most aftermarket Safeties are not suitable for M&P 15-22's without some fitting in my experience.

RRA 2 Stage Triggers dont always drop in, some need fitting. I dont like RRA Triggers at all, If yours is notched it wont work on the .22 anyway, it will catch on the Bolt.

Mine is round, I guess I could try to fiddle with the trigger some. But then again, I'll probably just put it in the parts bin.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's all good man, no butt-hurt here. ;)

FWIW - The RRA pack I had wouldn't work in 2 separate lowers I tried it in, then a fellow shooter put me onto Geissele, and I never looked back.

If you can recoup what you spent on the RRA, look at ALG(?) - it's Geissele's wife's company, they're only $40 more, and supposed to be pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom