• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodrow76

May 27, 2011
    Cecil-tucky
    I can't wait for it to open, I forsee many a "wasted day and paycheck" there. Definitely more convenient than the Hamburg, PA store but then again with my parent's home only 30 minutes away from that store I never had to travel far till I moved down here.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Remember to add the cost of all the tolls into the equation. It may not be so attractive!

Hop off at Elkton (106), take 297 north to route 4 (where Chrysler used to be), make your next right,.... violi, saved $4 bucks and it only took you an extra 6 minutes.

On the way home, same thing only in reverse, get off at the Newak exit, then hit Durhams Best on the way back to 95 (I recommend the half chicken lunch special).

Embarrassingly, I did that southbound detour THREE times..... TODAY!

Feb 25, 2011
    Charlestown, MD
    Hop off at Elkton (106), take 297 north to route 4 (where Chrysler used to be), make your next right,.... violi, saved $4 bucks and it only took you an extra 6 minutes.

On the way home, same thing only in reverse, get off at the Newak exit, then hit Durhams Best on the way back to 95 (I recommend the half chicken lunch special).

Embarrassingly, I did that southbound detour THREE times..... TODAY!

This. Or, if you have a Hatem EZPass plan, just take 40 to 279 and continue as above. Not too bad on tolls that way....only $10 a year, for now....

Mr H

Banana'd
    Remember to add the cost of all the tolls into the equation. It may not be so attractive!

If it's for big purchases, the tolls are paid for in tax savings, easy. It's why we shop in Rehoboth a lot--tax savings can also "pay" for the gas.

As for this location? I would only go if it was something big I needed. Wheeling and Hamburg (and soon Columbus, OH) are actually more convenient and "on my way", for what little I get from them.

BeRight

Jul 19, 2012
    Why is it tax free? - I thought PA taxed guns purchases 6%? Does cabela's allow long gun carry away for MD residents?

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Why is it tax free? - I thought PA taxed guns purchases 6%? Does cabela's allow long gun carry away for MD residents?

Christiana is in DE, the land of no sales tax. I don't know about the cash and carry long guns, but I don't see why not.

kmartin370

Feb 22, 2011
    Arnold
    That's awsome! Visited the store in sydney, NE. This year. Spent a couple of hours there picking up all the things you can't get here. Hope this one has some good stuff.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Fixed that for you. Delaware has Open carry. To CCW, you need a permit so either Utah or Florida will work for non-res. Delaware residents need to have a DE permit.

Thanks. I was mentioning that because I good percentage of folks on this board have either Florida or Utah. Open carry near a mall seems like asking for trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom