• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    M5 RAS has arrived. In a few weeks it's time for a BCM BCG (I will just use the WMD NiB one once it arrives for now), and KAC 200-600 BUS. I lucked out and found this RAS on gunbroker for $130 SHIPPED, with all these rail panels (still have a couple left over) and the foregrip. I don't think I could have gotten a better deal! :D

you have fantastic taste sir. My clone is literally in its bone stock configuration. Colt HBAR with old school handguards. I want a KAS rail really bad. I now call my M4 Clone an M4 twin, since i have a diffeent rail and muzzle device. but everything else is damn near the same. minus the match trigger and internal work. My "M16" needs a bayonet lug.

6c0f41c9-d768-bfd7.jpg

6c0f41c9-d823-89ec.jpg

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    you have fantastic taste sir. My clone is literally in its bone stock configuration. Colt HBAR with old school handguards. I want a KAS rail really bad. I now call my M4 Clone an M4 twin, since i have a diffeent rail and muzzle device. but everything else is damn near the same. minus the match trigger and internal work. My "M16" needs a bayonet lug.

6c0f41c9-d768-bfd7.jpg

Thank you :thumbsup: - I like the A2 handguards and may pick up a set at some point. I went with the RAS initially since the Colt A2 handguards are $60 or so on Brownells, and a full rail system was not much more. I'd even be ok with a detachable carry handle on here... but I keep looking at this and I'm thinking "man... maybe I really SHOULD go with an ACOG...". ;)

I'm trying to think how much money I've spent on this build so far and I'm surprised at how little I've spent. Granted a lot of the parts I either had laying around from other projects or traded for, everything else I got REALLY good deals on. ACOG will probably be added within the next year or so. As outlined in my OP this is basically a training rifle for my friends/family who want to learn how to shoot an AR that doesn't have a bunch of bells and whistles. The foregrip will probably come off, just wanted it on for the photo-op. :D

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Thank you :thumbsup: - I like the A2 handguards and may pick up a set at some point. I went with the RAS initially since the Colt A2 handguards are $60 or so on Brownells, and a full rail system was not much more. I'd even be ok with a detachable carry handle on here... but I keep looking at this and I'm thinking "man... maybe I really SHOULD go with an ACOG...". ;)

I'm trying to think how much money I've spent on this build so far and I'm surprised at how little I've spent. Granted a lot of the parts I either had laying around from other projects or traded for, everything else I got REALLY good deals on. ACOG will probably be added within the next year or so. As outlined in my OP this is basically a training rifle for my friends/family who want to learn how to shoot an AR that doesn't have a bunch of bells and whistles. The foregrip will probably come off, just wanted it on for the photo-op. :D

it looks great. my 'm4' is my go to gun for when I "NEED" one. but my 'm16' really makes me smile everytime i look at it. eventually ill have it back as a DMR like it was. I want to build and M16A2 for a Black Hawk Down gun. I plan to build a 'Nam M16A1, and XM177, and my favorite will be Arnold's SP1 with a fake 203 like in Predator. GOOOO!!! RUNNN GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!! http://www.imfdb.org/w/Predator

I WILL have a flash ENHANCER on that gun. It will be STUPID. like the amount of CAPS i USED in this POST. plain old STUPID.:thumbsup::party29:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:PredatorSP1-13.jpg

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    My next AR will be a 20". Waiting for the new Colt AR15A4's to come out next year. It is also getting a KAC M5 RAS and TA31RCO-A4CP ACOG.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I have some KAC goodies comming for my rifle. A 600m rear flip up sight, a ambi mag release, and a KAC aimpoint mount.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I have some KAC goodies comming for my rifle. A 600m rear flip up sight, a ambi mag release, and a KAC aimpoint mount.

I like the rear BUIS they make. I hear the M5 RAS Seconds aren't really all that blemished. Lot cheaper that's for sure.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I broke up and sold off my true A4 clone a few years ago, it seemed dated at the time. Now I wish I would have held on to it for the same reason that you want one. The 20" barrel and full length stock make it a little more cumbersome and less likely a newby will accidentally quickly divert the muzzle from pointing down range.

Indy, where is your bayonet lug??? ;)

The closest thing I have to an A4:

5d6a5e05.jpg

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I broke up and sold off my true A4 clone a few years ago, it seemed dated at the time. Now I wish I would have held on to it for the same reason that you want one. The 20" barrel and full length stock make it a little more cumbersome and less likely a newby will accidentally quickly divert the muzzle from pointing down range.

Indy, where is your bayonet lug??? ;)

The closest thing I have to an A4:

5d6a5e05.jpg

Damn Colt HBARs didnt come with one. I need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom