• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I'm still waiting on replies from a couple agencies, I wish I was working right now.

ETA: At least I'm not suckling off the Gov't teat during my off time, so I still have my dignity.

I guess I'm suckling till Jul 1 then...when my active duty pay stops...but I put up with military BS for 20years so its a trade off I'll get 2/3 pay cut then... job market sucks right now...but theres always something around...Good luck man!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I guess I'm suckling till Jul 1 then...when my active duty pay stops...but I put up with military BS for 20years so its a trade off I'll get 2/3 pay cut then... job market sucks right now...but theres always something around...Good luck man!

Any pay is better than no pay. ;)

I'm keeping the bills paid, so I can't complain, but can't do much more than pay the bills for now.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No experience with their barrels, so I can't comment. Even with it being stainless, coating it somehow would be a wise choice, rust can happen, even on stainless.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I must state for the record my choice was between this or a ruger mini -14. I am liking my choice of this one already. I plan to dump about a grand to 1200.00 to make this on bad ass looking rifle.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    autozone might be too...not great pay but its pay...

Very true.

Getting to the point where beggars can't be chosers, so I'm not turning my nose up at much, except fast food - been there, done that - won't go back, ever.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Jobs are tough to find now no matter where you go. That is why I continue to bid sporting goods to schools and colleges from my ass in an air conditioned office. Not the greatest job in the world but as long as there is a school system and colleges that are in operation, I have a job!!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've worked outdoor jobs since 15, sitting in an office would drive me insane, or at least my co-workers.

If this is your first AR, do yourself a favor, keep it simple - you'll inevitably wind up with a second one, that's the one you pimp out. Speaking from experience.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    This is number two. I have an MP sport. Keeping it stock!! Trust me I leave this office ready to lose my sanity. It has its days. I am playing hooky on Friday. Need a day off and still have all my vacation days left. Got to love sick days for days you are not sick.:D

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Not to be critical you could have built a rifle with a free float and be around $1000 before optics. You are talking about stripping this and replacing that I would have just built it. just my 2 cents but have fun with that rifle. That was the one I was looking at prior to putting together my spikes.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Thanks for the advice and I hope you don't mind if I don't take it. I want to build this up for looks mainly and have it look a little different than just another AR.:D

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Thanks for the and I hope you don't mind if I don't take it. I want to build this up for looks mainly and have it look a little different than just another AR.:D

Not all, too each his own, that is the good thing about the ar platform. :party29:

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Customer satisfaction in its finest hour. That is a bunch of shit. The more I am hearing the more I am leaning to that aimpoint Brad showed me!! My buddy was telling me however about an AR15 scope that some company had on the outdoor channel a month or 2 ago. I guess it has illuminated lines with yardage indicators up to 200yrds. Any of you guys familiar with this scope. Guess it is like 700 bucks or so. I think Nikon may make it.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/31...rifle-scope-25-10x-40mm-bdc-600-reticle-matte

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom