• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I own the black model and I'm very pleased. I haven't experinced any problems. I had maybe 2 FTF(eed) out of 500rds with handloaded 200gn LSWCs. This gun will make 1 hole at 15yds and probly close to it at 25 in the right hands. Obviously I can't comment on the SS finish. The black finish isn't flawless but isn't terrible either. And for the price the OP listed I would jump on that.

Stop with these crazy "on topic" comments. This thread is far beyond that. :innocent0

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I have one thing on my brain right now. Stag Arms model 3 for $729.00 at my local gun shop. I think this may be a good one to build up. Layaway next week. Can't wait!! P.S. this baby is getting a Black Rain Ordnance stainless barrel.:D

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Now can we get back in topic?? If you like the R1 then by all means get one. I personally have had bad experiences with them. But I may have bought a lemon in the batch who knows. One other thing to consider, for a little over the price mentioned, you could go to Caspian and order the parts and build your own. Or have a gun smith build it for you. Caspian makes good stuff.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    If I go to buy another 1911, I'll get advice from Dr. Bob, John Carduner, and Chad first. Compared to theirs, my own knowledge and experience are zip. We're lucky to have them to help us.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    If I go to buy another 1911, I'll get advice from Dr. Bob, John Carduner, and Chad first. Compared to theirs, my own knowledge and experience are zip. We're lucky to have them to help us.

I agree with you whole hearted. But don't be scared to try some thing new. You never know what can can accomplish unless you try. I started small, triggers, spring replacement. Then worked my way to proper slide fit, polishing, barrel fitting, sear, etc.. Biggest thing to keep in mind #1 Rule of thumb Metal is easy to Remove, very Hard to Put Back..:D

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I agree with you whole hearted. But don't be scared to try some thing new. You never know what can can accomplish unless you try. I started small, triggers, spring replacement. Then worked my way to proper slide fit, polishing, barrel fitting, sear, etc.. Biggest thing to keep in mind #1 Rule of thumb Metal is easy to Remove, very Hard to Put Back..:D

If I asked you very nicely, would you stop telling me things I knew 30 years ago? Please? Pretty please? With whipped cream and a cherry on top?

Just stop talking to me, thank you very much.

And no, I don't use Ignore Lists.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    If I asked you very nicely, would you stop telling me things I knew 30 years ago? Please? Pretty please? With whipped cream and a cherry on top?

Just stop talking to me, thank you very much.

And no, I don't use Ignore Lists.

OK, whatever you'd like. I'm not going to argue with an ex military man. I have to much respect for you. I will not bother you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom