• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    I agree that it isn't an ideal twist rate for most, I shoot 55 and 62 gr rounds so it hasn't effected me too much. The recall didn't apply to my rifle so it never bothered me too much either, from what I have heard BM customer service handled it pretty well and people that did get recalled lost their rifles for 2 weeks but got 2 free pmags out of it. It isn't as refined as the SCAR but the deal breaker for me was I hate the recip charging handle and location. I'm not bashing the SCAR, just saying for me it wasn't right. I really am waiting for a 300 AAC barrel to come out for the ACR. The Beretta looks nice, I don't know if I would have waited for it but my decision has already been made.

the "missplaced" hate doesnt seem so misplaced to me. Its too expensive for what it is, comes with that retarded profile barrel in 1;9 twist and is still heavier than an ar15 and the scar-l. do i like the gun? yes i do..........but not for the price. i would take the scar or the ar160 before i took a shrubmaster ACR

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    I don't want to derail this thread too much so I will try to keep it short. Value is relative to the owner, for the features it was worth it to me. You can find basic models on gunbroker in the 1600s and I think the price will continue to drop. I didn't make my decision until I picked it up and played with one, it just seems that people are so quick to judge it on paper. I'm not saying that you have, from my experience on other forums it seems like there are a lot of people that don't have realistic street prices, hate it just for being bushmaster, and will trash talk it without ever having seen or handled one. SCARs don't do it for me but I won't go out of my way to trash talk them the same way others do for the ACR.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Is it made in the US? If not, it could have some trouble getting past 922r. That's the reason we never saw the RX4 over here.

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    From the video, it sounded like US production is the main stumbling block to US civilian sales. So they'd have to set up production down in Accokeek. I can't wait until they do.

I think a lot of the hate directed towards the ACR is just disappointment. Back when it was the Magpul Masada, it was was supposed to have a street price of around 1500. Then it kept being delayed, and it finally came out closer to $3000. Then it had a recall. I handled one at Gun Connection, it I found it to be very heavy. And the weight was towards the muzzle. Prices have dropped because they aren't selling. I'll take my plain jane AR15 over that any day, as it's much lighter and faster handling.

If Beretta is actually able to bring this out near the price mentioned in the video, I'll definitely get one.

High Q

Jan 16, 2009
    Smokey,
    Ender's Game is one of the best Science Fiction books of all time. They have been promising a movie for years, but I don't believe it will ever come.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I like it, Did they mention what caliber it will come in?

Acording to the link that was posted with information it will be able to use multiple calibers including .223, 7.62x39, 6.8, and maybe something else. I'm not sure what all would need to be changed to change caliber though.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I'm a big Beretta fan so am a bit biased.

However, if they can bring that out for under $2k I think I'll "need" one.

Was not thrilled with the RX4/Benelli's version but this is very well done.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    God the dude doing the camera work/interview is a TOOL. Just want to slap the shit out of him. The Beretta rep was VERY knowledgable about the products.

I'm intrigued....I think I'll stick with tried and true AR platforms, though.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    I see what your saying about the camera guy, I don't know if he is a tool but there is an annoying quality about his tone.

Jan 16, 2011
    Towson
    He's got quite a following on youtube. He is an ex-LEO, and reviews lots of tactical stuff (guns, knives, gear,etc). He is a little full of himself at times, lol; but he does VERY detailed videos (his AR/AK comparison was 5 30-45 minute videos).

I use to really dig his vids but as he's gotten popular over the years he's developed a huge ego and he started grooming himself to look like an elite operater, i.e. growing that Rambo five o' clock shadow thing. He's also started to do this thing where he turns the camera around and says something about how boss he is... "This is how its dun in teh Nutnfancy project hur dur." Uhhg. Oh well, his vids are still the next best thing to going to the store and actually holding the firearms.

OT: I'd go with the SCAR because its appears the design is gonna stick around + it looks bad***. :D

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I try and tolerate him because it is informative and you get a good look at the items he reviews.
    He is a goof though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom