• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    There have been a few contests recently such as the Wounded Warrior's Raffle, Glocktober Fest, and Glock-a-day for the month of May that I have participated in and I know many other MDS members have participated in.

Would it be beneficial to have a section for contests and raffles? This section could have an official results sticky for the duration of the contest (which would be de-stickied after the close of contest) and of course postings to let people know about various contests and raffles.

We could also put all of the karma giveaways in this location as well.

PGFF

Nov 7, 2010
    I may be new here, but I am a sucker for raffles and contests. I'd say this is a great idea.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I am bumping this thread. The mods/admins never responded so I assumed that this was a no go idea. I totally dig that having a section would come across as "endorsing" raffles.

Recently, I noticed that a raffle got stickied. If we are acknowledging raffles enough to sticky them, can we please put them in a single location?

This would also be a great place for karma posts/giveaways to keep some of the stuff out of the water cooler.

We have a stickied raffle in The Depot, we have raffle posts in Handguns, Industry Partners, and of course the water cooler. I think that even if we do not create a sub-forum we should come up with a standard location for these so that members can find them easier.

Pretty please provide a sub-forum?

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    All for it. I got a raffle here for A1 Garand and cannot find the original post. Received my tickets without a website info to go to.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Any raffles/drawings should be approved by admins so us, the members, would not be screwed. I second the notion of a contest and raffle section.

I wanted to participate in the M1 Garand for boy scouts(?) and can't find the post anywhere. Another bump for a good idea.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    LineofSight said:
    Any raffles/drawings should be approved by admins so us, the members, would not be screwed. I second the notion of a contest and raffle section.

I wanted to participate in the M1 Garand for boy scouts(?) and can't find the post anywhere. Another bump for a good idea.

This would be up to DD, but if it were my forum I would disclaim any liability or endorsement and simply provide a place for these to be posted. They cannot take on the legal responsibility for raffles and karma posts. It is up to the participant to make sure it is legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    This the info from the M1 Garand raffle, I already received my tickets:

Dave Ward Scholarship Fund - M1 Garand Raffle‏

$10 EACH SEND CHECK AND SASE TO

MOMUMENTAL RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB INC
    C/O Jim Bryant
    341 WHITFIELD RD
    CATONSVILLE MD 21228-1808
    410-719-7507

you can e-mail Jim here jirb@msn.com

but I also cannot find the original post for it either.

Found it in their news letter.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    I agree there should be a central place to post things like this. My sociol club has some gun raffles and crab feeds coming up this year and I was going to post the info here if people would like to buy tickets/attend any of our events. I was going to ask the powers that be before I posted anything but since this thread popped up I think it is a good idea.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Im heading back up to Western MD the 1st of April...... if you want tickets drop me a PM. you do not need to be there to win.

Attachments

• Gun Bash.jpg
      Gun Bash.jpg
      73 KB · Views: 202

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom