• ...and so much more!
  • 2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Has anyone seen or used these before?
    An interesting idea.

EasyMagnew1.jpg

http://cammenga.com/cammenga-products.php?category=5

CAMMENGA is leading the development of next-generation firearm magazines with the CAMMENGA EASYMAG series. The Model EM3-556, 30 round M16/AR-15 magazine features an open case design that allows for fast loading, unloading, and cleaning. The casing, follower, and baseplate are made of high-strength 1050 spring steel and are finished with a two-layer anti-friction coating. A large tip-proof steel follower and chrome silicon main spring provide optimal feeding performance and long lasting reliability. The CAMMENGA EASYMAG eliminates the need for a separate loading device. The EASYMAG can be loaded twice as fast as conventional magazines when using loose ammo, can also be loaded like a conventional magazine using stripper clips, and can be opened and cleaned in seconds.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Interesting concept.

I've never used, or even saw one before this link.

With the function issues of EVERY OTHER aftermarket/non-milspec AR-15 magazine, I'd personally stand clear until I could get find guinea pig.. er.. I mean "adventurous and progressive soul" to buy and try one. :innocent0

I LOVE my LULAs . . .:party29:

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    Looks like after wear that trap door could just drop down and you loose your ammo all over the ground. I would wait on any new designs till you hear about long term testing or SGN review. SGN usually beats the heck out of new equiptment to see its breaking point.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    It looks like one more moving part that can break or malfunction

That was my thought as well.

There are easier ways to load mags then that.

If you are shooting that much having a MagLula
    would be a better option.

Loading 223 mags doesn't bother me, it's the damn 9mm mags! I love my Lula!

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    I have a LULA for my AR and FAL. Great for loading and what I like the most is super easy unloading. I have a cambi-loader for my 9mm AR. It doesn't unload. yes you might be thinking that the need to unload might sound silly. just shoot them off. Right. After a match involving multiple stages. And want in to just go home and relax. Unloading those mags that are still loaded after the match is finished. The LULA is indispensible.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I think it is a novel idea, but I can see it getting jammed the first few times it is dropped or with just a few deep dings. Still work the normal way though I would suspect if the side won't come off.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    seems to me like a range toy, not something to be used in an emergency situation. As long as it functions well enough it should be ok for plinking.

Just like those moon clips for revolvers made of polymer. Great for plinking because they are easy to reload, but not made for competition shooting or as a backup reload for self defense (as the manufacturers clearly state about their product).

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    During WWII the Brits started (I believe) issuing .455 Bull Dog Ammo on Moon Clips for ease of reloading. Two rings with 3 rounds piece so you don't have a large round buldge :)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Another flaw of the EASYMAG: $40 price tag! I'd rather get some of the H&K "marine environment" teflon-coated mags for that price!

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    ouch, Get the lula loader for 30 bucks and keep your 20 & 30 round mags. I really like my Brownell 20 round straight mag I just got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom