• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Did you ever to an ATF search on the Thompson to see how it got into the NFA Registry?

Vietnam1965

Sep 26, 2021
    Did you ever to an ATF search on the Thompson to see how it got into the NFA Registry?

Sure did! It was imported back into the country with four other guns in 1966. I wish I knew what country but I presume Europe.

Last edited:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Sure did! It was imported back into the country with four other guns in 1966. I wish I knew what country but I presume Europe.

I need to do that with one my transferrables. I've got a Russian PPS-43 that was made in 1944. So most likely a WWII or Korean bring back that ended up as a dewat. It was reactivated later on a Form 1 and back to almost new condition.

Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian
    After the Japanese surrender in WW II, my Dad's ship made a stop at one of the many little islands in the Pacific. He and his buddies went into one of the caves and they found a HUGE stash of rifles. His Captain ordered them all confiscated. Too bad he couldn't bring one home.

walt54th

Sep 11, 2017
    Top - Remington 1903A3
    Springfield M1 Garand
    Savage M1A1 Thompson
    Inland M1A1 Carbine
    National Postal Meter M1 Carbine
    Pistol top - S&W Victory Revolver
    Colt Commando Revolver
    Remington Rand 1911A1
    Outstanding collection! I have the ‘03-A3, M1 Carbine, a 1919 vintage 1911 and a semi auto 1927 Thompson. They are all fine, reliable weapons and the workmanship is admirable considering no computer controlled machining was available. I’d love to shoot that Tommy in full auto! Thanks for sharing.

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    Wow, that is a great Family You have there sir! I served in RVN also ,1966-67. I hope you have not suffered Prostate Cancer. I have been fighting it for some time now. I also trained with AFF foam at AIT at Fort Rucker Alabama before deployment. So Double Dose for me....not complaining ...a lot of Guys never made it out of there alive! I live everyday for those Guys and try my best for their Sacrifice.

Jun 4, 2015
    I have a Reising with an amnesty serial number. I don't know who this Marine was, but he really needed a machine gun back home, and he had a Reising. Barrel was replaced. Stock was cut and restored with a Garand butt. The internals were tuned and polished until it runs flawlessly when clean. It was papered in 1968.

20190331145425-a8f3d458-me.jpg

El soldado

Aug 23, 2021
    Oh my god i think i died in my sleep last night and awoke in ww2 heaven...not to prowl or fish for info but how much would you let that thompson go for? Or the 1911 or m1 carbine? I really was on the search for a m1 garand please tell me at least one of them is negotiable or either can you point me in the direction to locate some of these historical pieces of marvel

Vietnam1965

Sep 26, 2021
    Oh my god i think i died in my sleep last night and awoke in ww2 heaven...not to prowl or fish for info but how much would you let that thompson go for? Or the 1911 or m1 carbine? I really was on the search for a m1 garand please tell me at least one of them is negotiable or either can you point me in the direction to locate some of these historical pieces of marvel

Thanks for all the comments guys! Sorry none are for sale. I sent you a PM on a Thompson. Good luck!

Vietnam1965

Sep 26, 2021
    Wow, that is a great Family You have there sir! I served in RVN also ,1966-67. I hope you have not suffered Prostate Cancer. I have been fighting it for some time now. I also trained with AFF foam at AIT at Fort Rucker Alabama before deployment. So Double Dose for me....not complaining ...a lot of Guys never made it out of there alive! I live everyday for those Guys and try my best for their Sacrifice.

Bootknife I am not a Vietnam vet I just chose that as my screen name. Thanks for your service and prayers for your cancer fight! I lost a dear friend this year from kidney cancer due to exposure to Agent Orange in 1968.

Vietnam1965

Sep 26, 2021
    I need to do that with one my transferrables. I've got a Russian PPS-43 that was made in 1944. So most likely a WWII or Korean bring back that ended up as a dewat. It was reactivated later on a Form 1 and back to almost new condition.

I bet that's fun to shoot!

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    Sorry I made a wrong Assumption, It was a very dirty affair that changed a lot of folks lives and Returning Service Men and Women were not treated well. Politics is the Only thing Dirtier than War! The Thompson is about the most fun you can have with your clothes on though. Loved shooting it ...hated carrying it! I wonder what one would cost at this time? any thoughts?

Jun 4, 2015
    Transferrable Thompsons are currently $25,000 to $35,000. A friend's estate may have a transferable DEWAT for sale shortly. We're trying to find paperwork for it either in his files or through ATF. It was deactivated by welding the barrel to the receiver, and the breech closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom