• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Looking for a place to do deer processing near Harford County. Read about Buckland's in Rising Sun - is that the closest good one?

No, I don't have time to deal with it myself. Not yet, anyway.

Thanks, Dutch

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've used Hess in Willow Street before. Have to bring it to them beheaded and skinned. They were decent but it's probably 45 minutes from Hazzard County

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Here are 2 that I know of.

All star butcher shop
    4700 jolly acres road
    Whitehall MD 21161
    410-459-8275

Buckland's Processing
    239 Biggs Hwy, Rising Sun
    443-350-0573

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Last year I took two deer to Harmony Ridge. Didn’t have time to do them myself last season. They’re in Lancaster County, not far from the MD/PA line. For deer killed in MD, they have a drop off by Cecil College where they skin and debone then take it to their shop. PA laws prohibit transportation of whole deer into the state from MD. They do a nice job. Had sausage, snack sticks, etc. made there, no complaints.
    Harmony Ridge Butcher Shop
    1560 Furniss Road
    Drumore, PA 17518
    (717) 548-4048

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Last year I took two deer to Harmony Ridge. Didn’t have time to do them myself last season. They’re in Lancaster County, not far from the MD/PA line. For deer killed in MD, they have a drop off by Cecil College where they skin and debone then take it to their shop. PA laws prohibit transportation of whole deer into the state from MD. They do a nice job. Had sausage, snack sticks, etc. made there, no complaints.
    Harmony Ridge Butcher Shop
    1560 Furniss Road
    Drumore, PA 17518
    (717) 548-4048

Another thumbs up for Harmony Ridge!

Their venison bacon cheeseburgers and hot dogs are awesome. Very reasonable and everything is vacuum sealed.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Since we are into the peak of deer season, thought I’d resurrect this thread due to an interaction I had.
    1 - Harmony Ridge no longer has a drop off for Maryland deer in Cecil County. They called their clients earlier this year, but maybe not everyone knows. They must be taken to their location in Lancaster County. To my knowledge, PA does not allow transport of whole deer into PA from out of state.
    2 - Here’s where my latest interaction with them occurred. I called yesterday to inquire about dropping off and left a message. I have two bucks to process. One from West Virginia I killed Thanksgiving morning, and one I killed in Harford County yesterday. Both are skinned and quartered and refrigerated. They don’t accept deer drop off on Sunday, I knew that also.
    I got a phone call from them this morning at 5:20. The owner said “ We don’t accept deer on Sunday.” I said “I am aware, but today is Monday.” His reply to me, and in a rather terse manner “Take them somewhere else, we’re fighting Sunday hunting.”
    Their business their rules, I have no problem with that. I was debating whether I was going to cut them up myself or drop them off. I guess that decision has been made. They do a nice job on deer cutting, and I like their breakfast sausage and snack sticks.
    So just an FYI, plan accordingly if you are taking a Sunday killed deer to them.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    I go to Noble road butcher shop it's Amish owned, I don't know if they take deer with skin on it because I break down my deer but their smoked meats, chipped, and deer dogs are good

1553 Noble Rd, Kirkwood, PA 17536

717-529-9031

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I took mine here this year to be made into deer bologna. When I called they said starting this year they could take the whole deer. They are up 83 at the Leader Heights exit.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I took mine here this year to be made into deer bologna. When I called they said starting this year they could take the whole deer. They are up 83 at the Leader Heights exit.
    I’ve used them before, but it’s a bit of a hike for me.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    There is a processor on Turkey Point road in North East, and another in Elkton called Ron and Sons. I think rt 213? I have a guy who has used both, said they are ok. Cecil, but near Harford and rt 40 over this way. I mostly do my own butchering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom