• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Just a thread if you MoCo guys/girls find a hidden gem or a cool event going on. This popped up on Twitter and mommas 100% gonna want to go grab one.

Attachments

• BF01BA39-795D-4B4D-8410-1CC35D2A289F.jpg
      BF01BA39-795D-4B4D-8410-1CC35D2A289F.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 289

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Loan Oak is nice, big area and they serve beer and seltzer’s. There is also a good size playground for kids and a large pavilion for shade.

Since covid they are the only my place we have gone, waradaca has weird booking rules and Brookeville Beer farm was more our favorite winter place as they have the best interior. Silo Falls has a really nice outdoor area with live music and it’s all hardscape vs. grass for the breweries and a nice view off the back. They also serve everything drink wise.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    Anyone here ever do something like a MoCo version of a mdshooters meetup? I’m a semi regular at Downtown Crown but haven’t been out to the breweries in awhile. MoCo 2A types are an embattled bunch and would be cool to grab a beer or three with some locals.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Anyone here ever do something like a MoCo version of a mdshooters meetup? I’m a semi regular at Downtown Crown but haven’t been out to the breweries in awhile. MoCo 2A types are an embattled bunch and would be cool to grab a beer or three with some locals.

If you don't mind driving another 15 minutes up 270, join us on September 25th at the Buckeystown Pub!

I know, it's more of a "270 Corridor" get-together than a MoCo get-together, per se. I think we need to do that, too. But it's an easy drive to this little shindig next month, and there will be door prizes, plus secret handshake initiation rites.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=258594

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    If you don't mind driving another 15 minutes up 270, join us on September 25th at the Buckeystown Pub!

I know, it's more of a "270 Corridor" get-together than a MoCo get-together, per se. I think we need to do that, too. But it's an easy drive to this little shindig next month, and there will be door prizes, plus secret handshake initiation rites.

Have not been but I’ll put it on the calendar. I think I’m free on the 25th, thanks!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I talked to Eruby i may be i to this! He said it was kid friendly and i think momma is off!

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Loan Oak is nice, big area and they serve beer and seltzer’s. There is also a good size playground for kids and a large pavilion for shade.

Since covid they are the only my place we have gone, waradaca has weird booking rules and Brookeville Beer farm was more our favorite winter place as they have the best interior. Silo Falls has a really nice outdoor area with live music and it’s all hardscape vs. grass for the breweries and a nice view off the back. They also serve everything drink wise.

Lone Oak is nice. Huge property! Something like 28 acres outside? Good beer and snack food selections.

Waradaca is a smaller set up than Lone Oak, but also nice. A buddy of mine is one of the founders & owners.

Brookeville Beer farm is also fun. Love the brick oven pizza. But during the week they close early (8:00pm?) and last call is often at 7:00PM. They tend to get packed on nice weekends.

Silo has a nice setup on the front and rear outdoor dining areas. Their crab cakes are excellent!!! They also sometimes do a really nice happy hour on Fridays. I've walked there for dinner and drinks with friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom