• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Does it look like fishing rods/reals/lures will be on the shelves??
    Will Kayaks be at the dealers?
    Will most people be back at work (really going to work),, or will every back channel waterway look like a "canoe carnival"

I always have been able to take off during the week, if I work on the weekend.
    So I always hunt/fish during the week and typ do not see anyone else.

2020 was a zoo, My typ kayak spots were inaccessible do to crammed parking, were years before it was typ me and one other car/truck.

I gave up hunting public land a few weeks in, the entire state had descended on every park to "recreate" ,, even if it was a designated DNR WMA

If Covid did you thing,, It showed me how over populated this country is.
    A friend "mountain bikes" out west. what was "throw your bike on the rack and drive to a desert park" to bike, is now "get on a waiting list" for a permit. Same with running rivers, and just hiking.
    We are so over populated we a "rationing" the natural resources. :sad20:

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    If you can login to mdshooters, you might not be far enough off grid

Reality is all the cidiots came out to get away since they couldn't enjoy their "city culture" hopefully it will be less crowded this year.

I think you'll have to drive further anymore or hike deeper to get an in crowded spot

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I wish I knew the answer to those questions. I want to go to Delmarva outdoor shooting range this week since the weather is going to be so nice but I am afraid every Tom Dick and Harry is going to be there. I hate crowds.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I did buy a new Shimano Vanford spinning reel last week so maybe I will try and find a quiet spot on the water instead.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Most of mid to late last year was slim pickings for fishing rods/reels and kayaks/canoes/etc.
    But most of the places I frequent have restocked in the last month or so. Bass Pro in Arundel Mills was almost fully stocked last week.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'm trying to upgrade 3 more rods and 2 more reels this spring and rods are back ordered but on the way.
    Tackle Direct has only 1 Rod of any of the types of Tsunami I like to use. Waiting a month is not a big deal.
    Last year when I ordered 3 on June, it took 3 weeks to arrive for the first, 4 weeks for the 2nd and the 3rd never arrived and they refunded me.

I have a bunch of light tuna/Mahi Trolling reels I need to replace the braid on. Need to get to work on that.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I got out about 11:30 today and ended up with six nice ones. Best 5 went for around 16-17 pounds. Biggest was a 5.

Attachments

• 03.21.21 1.jpg
      03.21.21 1.jpg
      40 KB · Views: 137
    • 03.21.21 2.jpg
      03.21.21 2.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 162
    • 03.21.21 3.jpg
      03.21.21 3.jpg
      47.3 KB · Views: 136
    • 03.21.21 4.jpg
      03.21.21 4.jpg
      55.7 KB · Views: 141
    • 03.21.21 5.jpg
      03.21.21 5.jpg
      49.5 KB · Views: 147
    • 03.21.21 6.jpg
      03.21.21 6.jpg
      36.8 KB · Views: 147

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I had no problem getting fly fishing tackle so there's that. I replaced my AWOL wading gear and will be testing it out this afternoon. Also got a 10' 7 wt rod for the shad/striper runs this spring. Looking forward to practice casting this afternoon, too. Saturday, I'm heading to Shenandoah National Park for some native Brook Trout fishing with my two 3 wts.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    The rivers up in my AO are absolutely crazy again this year with people trout fishing. I see license plates from NC, PA, MD, VA and OH regularly.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I got out about 11:30 today and ended up with six nice ones. Best 5 went for around 16-17 pounds. Biggest was a 5.

That’s a nice outing right there!

We got skunked at Rocky Gorge on Saturday. No one I talked to caught anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom