• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I've purchased a number of C&R firearm from SOG guess I'm on a good customer list anyway I got a phone from call from Southern Ohio Guns (SOG) a few minutes ago. They have a Great Sell C&R P-64 (9x18 Mak) with two six round mags for $200.00. To get the price deal call SOG at 513-932-8148 Ext 221

http://www.southernohiogun.com/

I wanted to pass on the deal, wish I had the dollars I would pick up a couple, still looking for work.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Damn for $200 I feel like the gamble on what you get would be worth it. How is the import mark on these? Anyone know?

I ordered a $249 P64 (SKU# SHG-P64EN) from SOG this week. I'll post a couple pic's after BBT drops it off.

Pic's will be in other thread: In Stock NOW!

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I want to get another P-64 and am waffling between getting another AIM for $249+$15 shipping or one of the SOGs for $249 + $24 shipping. The previous shipment of AIM P-64s were Excellent indeed with no discernible finish wear but pics of the new grade 1 batch show some holster wear near the muzzle end of the slide. I would prefer to get another AIM as I've been thrilled before but fear the SOG P-64 pics look slightly better for only $9 more. I would just get a Classic Romanian TTC for $229 now + shipping or one of the AIM ones for $239 but am annoyed with the ammo cost/availability situation for the 7.62x25 round. Suggestions, please, ye C&R veterans!

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Ok, I'll be "that guy"... Get one of each!

Seriously though, I don't think you can go wrong either way. Of those two, I've only bought from AIM, and only once, but I was thrilled with the Nagant revolver I bought from AIM.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Well, I gave Classic a try and ordered one and even with the pricey $20 hand pick, it came to ~$236 shipped. I don't see how it can possibly be as nice as the ones AIM had earlier this Summer for ~$260 but once it arrives, I'll take some side-by-sides of them all for comparison's sake.

Nimbus

Nov 16, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Well, I gave Classic a try and ordered one and even with the pricey $20 hand pick, it came to ~$236 shipped. I don't see how it can possibly be as nice as the ones AIM had earlier this Summer for ~$260 but once it arrives, I'll take some side-by-sides of them all for comparison's sake.

Handpick is definitely the way to go on these if you believe "Brutus". From the "Brutus' Description" towards the bottom of the page:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/polish-radom-p-64-pistols-ec-hg3279v

We will be offering an initial Hand Select option and will remove that option when the best are no longer available...Add $20.00 for Hand Select to assure the Best of the Best.

They are more than implying that the best ones are already pulled, not the standard best out of the random 5 or 10 they pick up etc.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    9x18 is a very easy round to make from cut-down 9x19 casings, so ammo isn't really that big an issue. Keep in mind that the bullets for the two rounds are different diameters, but that's also not a huge issue -- they can be bought or cast. This is probably the best "baby step" reload someone can do if they are wanting to get a bit creative with adaptive reloading.

Bullets are currently readily available, as are reloading dies. If you don't want to cut down the parabellum casings (or you don't want to have incorrectly-marked casings around), brass is available for this round. Of course, when there's a panic over guns or ammo these things disappear. If you have a Makarov or gun that shoots the Makarov round, this would be a good time to invest in components.

I typically get reloading dies, etc., for any round that I might want to shoot in the future--even if I don't use them right away. You never know when ammo might dry up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom