• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    I did pretty good at a local auction a few years ago. I won a Type 38 with full mum, dust cover and cleaning rod for $50. Later during the same auction I won a Type 99 with a full mum, dust cover and cleaning rod for $125. Both are in excellent condition. I went there expecting to pick up a Jap carbine but let that one go for the two that I won. Right place at the right time, I guess.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    He had a paratrooper? Never saw that one.

He had an Arisaka T38 (I think) without cleaning rod. I was just trying to get an idea what they were selling for - fair to good condition. He also had a M-1 carbine paratrooper for $435 (I think); I wish I had gotten it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I did pretty good at a local auction a few years ago. I won a Type 38 with full mum, dust cover and cleaning rod for $50. Later during the same auction I won a Type 99 with a full mum, dust cover and cleaning rod for $125. Both are in excellent condition. I went there expecting to pick up a Jap carbine but let that one go for the two that I won. Right place at the right time, I guess.

NIIIIIICCCCE
    One day when I don't have so much to do, I'll finally get to an auction.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Arisaka

7.7mm Japanese rifle ammo can usually be found on Gunbroker in decent quantities. It seems to come in batches. One of the common sources for Japanese rifle ammo is Nambu Manufacturing Company (AKA Mr. Nambu), who usually has multiple boxes on GB. For a sling do you want a real one or a reproduction? An original will cost $100 + depending on the type and condition.

Good books to learn about the Type 99:

Military Rifles of Japan (by Fred Honeycut)
    The Japanese Type 99 Arisaka Rifle (by Don Voigt)

Thanks for the info. Looking to purchase an original sling.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    He had an Arisaka T38 (I think) without cleaning rod. I was just trying to get an idea what they were selling for - fair to good condition. He also had a M-1 carbine paratrooper for $435 (I think); I wish I had gotten it.

10-4, I thought you meant he had a Japanese paratrooper. I did see the three Arisakas he had, at least one was all matching with cleaning rod. I know the cleaning rods are about $50 by themselves. My sister actually has a cleaning rod for a Type 38, I should have her put it on GunBroker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom