• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    1 inch thick slices of back-strap pounded down into 3/8"x3" roundels.

Dredge them in milk and flour and pan fry in butter until golden brown.

Deglaze with beef stock, reduce until thick, and pour that gravy all over.

Salt and pepper and done.

You won't even need teeth to eat them.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge

Here's your before pic, there may not be an after pic as I've never smoked anything before and have no idea how it will turn out. 3.5lb roast from the back leg brined with molasses, salt and BBQ sauce, rubbed down this morning and wrapped in Bacon and smoked with some pecan wood.

Attachments

• IMG_20140526_073032.jpg
      IMG_20140526_073032.jpg
      84.7 KB · Views: 339

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Here's your before pic, there may not be an after pic as I've never smoked anything before and have no idea how it will turn out. 3.5lb roast from the back leg brined with molasses, salt and BBQ sauce, rubbed down this morning and wrapped in Bacon and smoked with some pecan wood.
    :thumbsup: we are grilling some venison today.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    3.5lb roast from the back leg brined with molasses, salt and BBQ sauce, rubbed down this morning and wrapped in Bacon and smoked with some pecan wood.
    Depending on the heat of your fire, sugar, molasses and BBQ sauce all can burn. Sugary stuff is best added last.

I have not tried brining meat, only birds. Interested to hear how this works out. Most people, to whom I've given venison - over cook it.

Venison is a healthy meat as is. Tuning into pork sausage with venison or ground beef and pork fat is not my thing. But who doesn't love bacon?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Does deer meat generally do well with smoking like brisket and pork?
    Not an answer to the question you asked, but my favorite marinade for just about everything (from salmon to lamb) is soy sauce (now replace by low salt Braggs Liquid Aminos) and white wine, or rice wine vinegar. While you can leave lamb and pork in that overnight, a couple hours is too long for venison.

Asian sauces have extraordinary amounts of sodium. Even Lite Soy is heavy into the salt. Braggs can be found at Whole Foods; in Annapolis you can buy it in a fill your own container.

I have a Big Green Egg, http://www.biggreenegg.com/eggs/ so I could smoke venison if I wanted, but I never have. In part, my SC deer steaks aren't that thick, so I prefer to quick grill them. So far I haven't tired of grilled venison so I haven't felt the need to smoke it. If I had a few extra butt roasts, I probably would. Again, it's not like baby back ribs, where you are trying to melt the fat out of it over several hours.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    If you dont have enough for everyone dont brag!

;)

Last night was elk burgers. Damn fine dinner.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom