• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weezy102

Apr 20, 2012
    So last year before the Oct 1st law went into effect I turned 21 and bought a colt msr. I also went to a show in Va and bought a couple glock 9mm 19 rd magazines, but I couldn't buy my glock before october due lack of funds. I got my hql and wanted to know if it was alright considering I got the magazines before oct 1st but my glock after? Sorry if a question like this was already posted I searched and couldn't find a straight forward answer. Thanks in advance

Mike4Maryland

Harford County, MD USA
    Apr 5, 2013
    HQL for mags?

So last year before the Oct 1st law went into effect I turned 21 and bought a colt msr. I also went to a show in Va and bought a couple glock 9mm 19 rd magazines, but I couldn't buy my glock before october due lack of funds. I got my hql and wanted to know if it was alright considering I got the magazines before oct 1st but my glock after? Sorry if a question like this was already posted I searched and couldn't find a straight forward answer. Thanks in advance

You don't need a HQL to buy magazines - just to buy a weapon. Mags have to be 10 rds or less. Anybody can buy mags.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    You owned the mags before the 10/01/13 deadline... No Mas... You are free to own them... However... You can not sell, trade, give away or in any way transfer ownership of those magazines within the borders of the State of Maryland. BUT, if outside of the State of Maryland... You can...

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    There was no October deadline for possessing mags. You can go buy all you want over the bridge, in America.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    There was no October deadline for possessing mags. You can go buy all you want over the bridge, in America.

No one said that there was such a deadline... But the state law changed and as of 10/01/13 there is a new limit on capacity for ALL mags bought, sold, traded or otherwise acquired INSIDE of the state. It changed from 20 to 10 rounds maximum capacity.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    No one said that there was such a deadline... But the state law changed and as of 10/01/13 there is a new limit on capacity for ALL mags bought, sold, traded or otherwise acquired INSIDE of the state. It changed from 20 to 10 rounds maximum capacity.

I'm sure we all bought before 10/1

weezy102

Apr 20, 2012
    Thanks, and to clarify I got my HQL to get the glock. I thought you couldn't get 10 plus round mags anymore. Anyway thanks again. Roboray love the comment. I don't plan on staying in maryland much longer just finishing school.

thai

May 8, 2013
    Weezy, if you want you can still go back to Virginia and buy some more 17 round magazines as an FU MOM gesture! 10/1/13 pertains only to magazines accompanying handguns that are purchased in MD. But you can still bring any capacity mags you want into MD.

hennyone

Jan 28, 2014
    Baltimore
    Plugs

I would still leave the plugs in of a gun that comes with a "high capacity magazine" if it is a purchased after October. Just with that one magazine because it was obtained in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom