• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Changing story, smell of MJ, background of weapons charges, attempted to flee (and failed), exited while drawing/firing on officers - Yeah, good shoot IMO.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Wow, I hope the officers were ok.

Good thing we have such strict gun laws...nothing like that can happen here in sunny baltimore.

Knuckle Dragger

May 7, 2012
    A guys comes out of the car shooting at you? Yeah, that's probably a justified shooting.

Maybe it's just me, but I think ramming my cruiser into the guy would have been safer for the officer than trying to engage him in a gun fight.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Well he went right to sleep it looks like. I hope the officers made it out OK. I would have been MASHING the gas pedal on the floor trying to keep him in the car. I hope the glass slowed the bullets from the shooter down...

I know traffic stops are the source of most problems for police. When I'm pulled over I always roll the windows down, turn the car off and put the keys on the dash and relax.

Obviously this guy had other intentions. Anyone know if the shooter was killed?

Si vis pacem, para bellvm.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    A guys comes out of the car shooting at you? Yeah, that's probably a justified shooting.

Maybe it's just me, but I think ramming my cruiser into the guy would have been safer for the officer than trying to engage him in a gun fight.

We have the benefit of knowing it was going to be a shots-fired scenario. Doubt the officers truly realized that till the rounds started hitting the cruisers.

The only video I recall of watching an officer ram his cruiser into the suspects door/person, was a fvcked up individual in Montana I believe, that was firing at the officer while attempting to flee - guy wrecked, had the door open firing on the officer, officer just sent the front end right into the door opening, knocking the suspect for a loop and knocking the gun out of his hands.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    A little while back I saw a DC cop (unintentionally) hit a guy that jumped out of his car after striking a parked car. The guy jumps up and ran like nothing happened. Luckily no shots fired since I was on my bicycle right there as it happened.
    Not gonna lie when the cop hit him I belly laughed.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Kudos to the officer who showed complete restraint and respect until it was all to clear he needed to use deadly force. One less bad guy.:thumbsup:

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Not Monday morning quarterbacking at all but wondering why at the beginning why the officer didn't ram the car when they first started to flee? Asking from a protocol angle, not questioning. As soon as I saw the gun I'd slam it in D and mash the gas (correct in that I have the benefit of know what was coming next).

That officer would have had to justify to his supervisor why he did $xxx.xx of damage to his car.

+1 on the 3pt turn not being the best getaway strategy.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    I don't disagree with all the "step on the gas comments" but that's a lot to think about in short time! Actually looks as if the second officer is the one who puts him to sleep! And yes....no question....GREAT SHOOT, what else are they going to do?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Not Monday morning quarterbacking at all but wondering why at the beginning why the officer didn't ram the car when they first started to flee? Asking from a protocol angle, not questioning. As soon as I saw the gun I'd slam it in D and mash the gas (correct in that I have the benefit of know what was coming next).

Policy? Can't ram that's lethal force... fleeing does not justify lethal force.

As for when they finally stopped... my guess car was secured... in park as soon as the officers stopped.. they were likely hitting the door to exit and apreaend.

Danm good shoot... bet someone can thank his good training ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom