• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Just got this email:

"To pass legislation in Congress, we need to convince wavering Senators that keeping guns away from criminals and the dangerously mentally ill will save lives, and that leaders who support gun responsibility win elections.

That's why every election that pits a principled pro-responsibility, pro-gun safety candidate against the gun lobby is so important -- why every victory means so much.

And we have a chance for an important win in Virginia's gubernatorial race one week from today.

We have pledged to counter the NRA's financial involvement in that race dollar-for-dollar, but we need your help to make it happen.

Contribute $10 today and help us score a critical victory for common sense solutions to reduce gun violence.

http://action.americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/virginia-gov
    Virginia Gubernatorial Debate: October 24, 2013

Moderator: "Ted in Blacksburg wants to know do you support or oppose universal background checks...?"

Terry McAuliffe: "Let me answer this first as a parent, as a spouse ... I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, I'm a gun owner and I'm a hunter. But I support universal background checks. My opponent and I differ on that."
    There's a real difference between the two candidates in this race: Terry McAuliffe will work to make our communities safer -- his opponent Ken Cuccinelli has led the fight against responsible solutions to reduce gun violence.

Contribute $10 today, and let's send a powerful message that supporting background checks in a "purple" state or district is the right thing to do.

After spending five years in Congress, I know the pressures my friends on each side of the aisle face when making up their minds on important issues like this one.

Winning this race in Virginia will go a long way towards making it easier for a few more of them to take the right vote the next time background checks comes up.

All the best,
    Gabby"

My response:

Virginia recently saw a reduction in crime by 50% despite having firearm ownership increase by close to 150%. At the same time, the neighboring state, Maryland, passed multiple restrictive firearm laws and saw their ranking in the top 10 most dangerous state actually increase.

It is obvious that these gun control measures are making the crime problem worse, not better. Common sense is what the gun lobby, such as the NRA, promotes, arming teachers, allowing citizens to conceal carry, not banning weapons and magazines that have been proven to save lives, etc.

No, I will not be donating anything to you or your “common sense” gubernatorial candidate. Virginia is one of the safest states in the Union and he plans to make it less safe and turn it into a killing field such as the anti gun activists in Baltimore have already done.

Please discontinue your interference in local elections and your drive to fix problems that do not exist.
    Thank you,
    ~Abean4187

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Send the response to your rep directly or it will just be added to the pile of " public outcry about Congress not acting on gun control "

Notice they will not say for or against -- they will say " interested in gun control " .. oldest trick there is...

:)

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I got that as well. The anti's are spending a lot of time and resources fighting. How do you fight a war machine with so many funds. ie boomberg?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I got spam from them once, replied something about a space monkey's pet vegetable having no concept of common sense, never got another one:innocent0

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I'm still trying to figure out why people are attributing these mailings to "her", when it's mostly an organizational ploy to which they attach her name for the soft-peddle.

Yes, Eager Young Space Cadet is behind the majority of the hypocrisy, but using his Pet Woman as the 'poster child' for it is something I just find sad...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    What the antis don't understand is that the NRA is the biggest pro-gun safety organization on the planet. The NRA needs to embrace it.

Hell change their slogans and mottoes to include safety. That will wipe out the antis' attempt to change the definition of the word "safety".

Si vis pacem, para bellvm.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Must be a different "veterans" than I remember

Breitbart.com -
    Gabby Giffords, Mark Kelly Launch Veterans Group for Gun Control

The gun control PAC of Gabby Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelly, is launching a new initiative, "Veterans for Responsible Solutions."

Must be the Private Benjamin branch of the VFW ...

Judy Benjamin: I think they sent me to the wrong place.

Capt. Lewis: Uh-huh.

Judy Benjamin: See, I did join the army, but I joined a *different* army. I joined the one with the condos and the private rooms.

And no guns ... :lol2:

Attachments

• private-benjamin-1980.jpg
      private-benjamin-1980.jpg
      46 KB · Views: 918

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread revival

NationalReview.com -
    Gabby Giffords Gets Meaningless

Victimology writ large...

“Being shot in the head by a lunatic does not give one any special grace to pronounce upon public-policy questions. Nor does it give one moral license to call people ‘cowards’ for holding public-policy views at variance with one’s own."

"Oppose stricter gun control? Well, then you’ll have to oppose Saint Gabby. And now she’s coming at you hard."

Call me a heartless bastard, but I think that people need to realize that a head shot, not matter how minor ... and hers was MAJOR ... causes brain damage which clearly affects reasoning powers. Not that Giffords wasn't a gun-grabbing progressive prior, but she's rabidly so now. And, with the help of her enabling handlers (husband Kelly included), she's dealing the victim card from the bottom of the deck. For me she's NOT a victim or a hero, but a sad reminder of what happens when power is put on a pedestal for no other reason than sympathy.

Saint ??? HARDLY !!!

Attachments

• giffords_AFRS.jpg
      giffords_AFRS.jpg
      21 KB · Views: 736

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Just got this email:

"To pass legislation in Congress, we need to convince wavering Senators that keeping guns away from criminals and the dangerously mentally ill liberals will save lives, and that leaders who support gun responsibility win elections.

That's why every election that pits a principled pro-responsibility, pro-gun safety candidate against the gun lobby is so important -- why every victory means so much.

And we have a chance for an important win in Virginia's gubernatorial race one week from today.

We have pledged to counter the NRA's financial involvement in that race dollar-for-dollar, but we need your help to make it happen.

Contribute $10 today and help us score a critical victory for common sense solutions to reduce gun violence.

http://action.americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/virginia-gov
    Virginia Gubernatorial Debate: October 24, 2013

Moderator: "Ted in Blacksburg wants to know do you support or oppose universal background checks...?"

Terry McAuliffe: "Let me answer this first as a parent, as a spouse ... I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, I'm a gun owner and I'm a hunter. But I support universal background checks. My opponent and I differ on that."
    There's a real difference between the two candidates in this race: Terry McAuliffe will work to make our communities safer -- his opponent Ken Cuccinelli has led the fight against responsible solutions to reduce gun violence.

Contribute $10 today, and let's send a powerful message that supporting background checks in a "purple" state or district is the right thing to do.

After spending five years in Congress, I know the pressures my friends on each side of the aisle face when making up their minds on important issues like this one.

Winning this race in Virginia will go a long way towards making it easier for a few more of them to take the right vote the next time background checks comes up.

All the best,
    Gabby"

My response:

Virginia recently saw a reduction in crime by 50% despite having firearm ownership increase by close to 150%. At the same time, the neighboring state, Maryland, passed multiple restrictive firearm laws and saw their ranking in the top 10 most dangerous state actually increase.

It is obvious that these gun control measures are making the crime problem worse, not better. Common sense is what the gun lobby, such as the NRA, promotes, arming teachers, allowing citizens to conceal carry, not banning weapons and magazines that have been proven to save lives, etc.

No, I will not be donating anything to you or your “common sense” gubernatorial candidate. Virginia is one of the safest states in the Union and he plans to make it less safe and turn it into a killing field such as the anti gun activists in Baltimore have already done.

Please discontinue your interference in local elections and your drive to fix problems that do not exist.
    Thank you,
    ~Abean4187

Just needed a little punching up is all...

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    It's about time they stopped trotting this poor woman out like some sort of a sick, live human puppet show. It's disgusting. I feel like I'm watching Weekend at Bernie's.

Mr H

There was a long while where I was firmly supportive of her recovery, and certain that her faculties were still intact.

I maintained that her inability to speak quickly belied the solid processing within, that she still believed as she once did, and was simply unable to shut down those who were using her for an agenda.

Now, I think one of two things has happened...

Either she just can't keep up and my "Pet Woman" theory has grown to new proportions, where she is simply kept in the [metaphoric] basement until needed... or, she has come to believe the press that has been generated around her and has turned.

Of the two, I think the first option is most likely, and her keepers (which may or may not include EYSC*) have won.

*We know he loves hisself some guns, so there would have to be a power greater than he to force this issue. And I know he wouldn't be allowed a Big Gulp as part of the "arrangement".

Mr H

This USA Today article seems to confirm this poor woman's extreme limitations and the Space Cadet using her as puppet.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/09/28/day-in-the-life-of-gabby-giffords/16281013/

Strange story... seems to want to ride the centerline. But this struck me...

Indeed, while the NRA is airing a TV ad in Arizona and elsewhere mocking Michael Bloomberg and the efforts of his group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, it hasn't made similar public gibes toward Giffords. NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam declined to comment for this story.

What? Do they feel slighted? Are they assuming the NRA is supposed to assail anyone who isn't in lock step?

Oh... NRA doesn't come after them, it must mean they're not worth the oxygen and shoe leather. Yeah, I'm good with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom