• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I've been meaning to do this for a while. I use a G-CODE RTI belt adapter for OWB carry. When I get in my car, I prefer not to tear my seats up so I've been unhooking my holster and putting it on the seat next to me or on the floor. I realize that's not the best way to go about traveling with a loaded pistol despite it being OK in VA.

So today I was tearing through my dash trying to fix my CD changer and doing some minor cosmetic repairs to my car I've been meaning to do for almost a year... well I had a MOLLE adapter for an RTI wheel I wasn't using, and realized I could take it off and install it to my console trim.

6y5yru2a.jpg

4ajevuru.jpg

hubazyty.jpg

be2ere5e.jpg

So now I'm ready for traveling safely with any pistol I have a compatible holster for. If I have to take a tight turn or slam on the brakes I won't have to worry about the thing flying around... And the passenger can access it too, if necessary. It was pretty easy to do. The factory mounting screws worked great.

Si vis pacem, para bellvm.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I've been meaning to do this for a while. I use a G-CODE RTI belt adapter for OWB carry. When I get in my car, I prefer not to tear my seats up so I've been unhooking my holster and putting it on the seat next to me or on the floor. I realize that's not the best way to go about traveling with a loaded pistol despite it being OK in VA.

So today I was tearing through my dash trying to fix my CD changer and doing some minor cosmetic repairs to my car I've been meaning to do for almost a year... well I had a MOLLE adapter for an RTI wheel I wasn't using, and realized I could take it off and install it to my console trim.

6y5yru2a.jpg

4ajevuru.jpg

hubazyty.jpg

be2ere5e.jpg

So now I'm ready for traveling safely with any pistol I have a compatible holster for. If I have to take a tight turn or slam on the brakes I won't have to worry about the thing flying around... And the passenger can access it too, if necessary. It was pretty easy to do. The factory mounting screws worked great.

Si vis pacem, para bellvm.

That is sweet. I was actually thinking about something like this for my car. I have a CCW and realized it is kind of tough to get to my pistol while sitting down. Im thinking about putting something in the driver side door well (that area where you have those books)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Pretty cool but be careful in PA.

Sent from the best phone ever made

Yeah this is strictly for VA or other states where open carry in a vehicle is allowed. I normally just carry my S&W 442 in the summer, but as it gets cooler I may be doing more OWB with jacket weather coming in. It's nice not to have to lean over while driving and worry about tearing the seats.

The RTI adapters (what fits into those grooves) are available from Natchez and from G-CODE, so pretty much anything could be made to mount there. I have to think of some non-firearm things I can mount now that it's there lol.

That is sweet. I was actually thinking about something like this for my car. I have a CCW and realized it is kind of tough to get to my pistol while sitting down. Im thinking about putting something in the driver side door well (that area where you have those books)

I considered doing it under the steering column, but it's awkward to draw from there, and the trim there is only held by clips, not screwed in and secured like the sides of the console.

:clap:Now you are just showing off with that mag...:clap:

lol... I know. The funny thing is I can actually draw and clear the seat with that thing in there. I would probably not ever actually carry that way unless it were literally the Zompocalypse or ERL or whatever Nutnfancy calls it these days...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Now all you need is that Syrian remote control AK for the front grill and you are set to go...

I have to find the book (think it's in storage) but I have seen a picture of a setup where an MP5 was mounted to a gun port in the windshield of a vehicle for the passenger to operate. Now THAT would be badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom