• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Saw one for sale, US Property stamped but sporterized in nice shape for $250 yesterday.

Washington St Pawn in Hagerstown

Enjoy and good luck

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    It appeared to be just the stock. It still had the original sights and the action felt smooth. The tag said it had been there since the fifth and they would sell it to me for $210.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    It appeared to be just the stock. It still had the original sights and the action felt smooth. The tag said it had been there since the fifth and they would sell it to me for $210.

With all the parts you would potentially have to buy to restore it it's better to buy an unmolested one.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    If it was a MKII then I'd possibly consider restoration as wood forestocks for them are still available and affordable (approx. $75) but MKI and MKI* are a different critter. Much harder to find furniture for them. And you'd still have to pony up for additional metal like the upper band assembly. Naw, it's tempting but I would walk away. Still too many nice examples out there to get desperate unless you're looking for a project and learning how to 'smith on an Enfield.

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    What does "furniture" refer to? The only definition I can find says it's a British term referring to things like the visible small parts of a double gun: toplever, triggerguard, safety tab, forend release lever, etc.

Never says anything about wood, but is that what is being referred to in this thread (and others on this and other forums)?

What does "furniture" refer to? The only definition I can find says it's a British term referring to things like the visible small parts of a double gun: toplever, triggerguard, safety tab, forend release lever, etc.

Never says anything about wood, but is that what is being referred to in this thread (and others on this and other forums)?

Yeah,pretty much.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    In this case, for the Enfield No4 MKI, the buttstock, forestock, and hand guards. Usually sporterizing only requires replacing the forestock, upper hand guard and upper band. Sometimes the buttstock needs replacing as well. Buttstocks and hand guards are pretty easy to source for No4s. It's the forestock that's bugger to get for a decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom