• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    What's the deal? I saw some at the Chantilly show but didn't snag one. Now I'm on the hunt, I'm trying to see if they're something like the Lipsey's FDE frame guns or has GLOCK brought them back into the production cycle?

The question is, do I snag one now for retail, or wait a few weeks/months until my GSSF purchase card arrives? Even then it may not be available for GSSF pricing...

If anyone in the know knows what distributors have them, please let me know! I'm looking for a G34 Gen4 for IDPA. I know Gen4s have had some issues, but I figure I'll try one out.

Thanks everyone! :D

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I've never seen a GSSF eligible OD Glock, but I have seen a few "regular" priced OD's around town. Your best bet would be to call every place you know that releases on time to see if they have one before you waste your time to find nothing in stock. They're all over Gunbroker too for pretty reasonable prices in some cases.

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    Not sure about this, but I saw several of what could have been either OD or FDE frame Glocks at All Shooters Tactical in Woodbridge last time I was there. Not sure about which models as I wasn't looking for that type of gun.
    http://allshooterstactical.com/
    Could be worth a call to find out for sure.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    you blew it, i did see a bunch at the show and grabbed one (g22) myself, $535 which was cheaper than some of the black ones they were selling.

sure there will be more at the next show, that prob was the most OD's i have seen.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Ok. Yeah I figured the GSSF thing is bust, I'll get a G30S on that discount.

Basically I guess I should act fast... there are a few on GB for around $625ish. I saw them at Chantilly fot $590 I think, but I didn't want to stretch my budget so I passed on it. I figured since those were the first I've seen, that there will be more for at least a short time.

I'm not in a mad rush, Oct. 1 and on time release are not issues since I'm over on the other side of the river now. But I basically have cash in hand for this weekend, wanted to know if I should drop it now or if I'm safe to snag one a month or two down the road. I'm also tentatively buying a USP but the seller is on the fence...

It's either:

- snag the USP and get the ODG G34 closer to xmas
    *or*
    - snag the ODG G34 and buy a used USP whenever

The most important thing to find out is did GLOCK make a limited run (15k-20k) and that's it? Or will it be like the G17L and they'll keep popping up here and there?

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    Im in the process of buying one off Gun Broker. I was ok with plain old black until I saw OD green. I had been searching for months at the local places with no luck. I did find a 34 gen 4 at 2A in black a few days ago.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I wanted an OD one since shortly before they stopped production a few years ago. They announced on the same day that they were "ceasing" production of the RTF2 and OD guns except for large orders and LE sales. Well since then, I got a 21SF RTF2 and they're making FDE and ODG.

I will probably just snag one on gunbroker, even Glock Talk is devoid of anyone who knows the scoop.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Thanks for the replies, I may have to snag one off gunbroker, none of the NoVA dealers I have called have em.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    After calling a dozen dealers and having friends comb distributors, coming up with nothing - I snagged the G34 Gen4 in ODG I've been watching on GunBroker for the past week.

Some clown had a Gen 3 ODG 34 listed there for $900. Figured a bird in the hand at a fair price is better than none at all.

dr_gonzo71

Jun 17, 2011
    Cumberland, MD
    After calling a dozen dealers and having friends comb distributors, coming up with nothing - I snagged the G34 Gen4 in ODG I've been watching on GunBroker for the past week.

Some clown had a Gen 3 ODG 34 listed there for $900. Figured a bird in the hand at a fair price is better than none at all.

Amchar was the only wholesale distributor for the OD-Green Glocks. They're all gone now. I grabbed a Gen4 23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom