• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    :D

Mailed it in on 5/2, with a money order for payment. According to the letter I got, it was granted on 6/12, so they were inside 45 days.

It feels damn nice to have my CHP quicker than some people who bought a regulated firearm in Maryland on the same day I mailed my application. I feel for those guys and girls still in MD, but I'm glad I'm across the river now. :)

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Joining VCDL soon once I recover from moving expenses. I forgot how my G19's RTF texture felt on my side, but it's as comforting as it is irritating. :)

I realize campaign season is heating up here... time to get involved in the continuous fight once again!

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Good on you Smores. I got my NR permit in about 45 days but that was several years ago. I see it's taking a bit longer now. Again, congrats.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    :D

Mailed it in on 5/2, with a money order for payment. According to the letter I got, it was granted on 6/12, so they were inside 45 days.

It feels damn nice to have my CHP quicker than some people who bought a regulated firearm in Maryland on the same day I mailed my application. I feel for those guys and girls still in MD, but I'm glad I'm across the river now. :)

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Thank you for rubbing it in. Are you now a paid recruiter for VA?:envy:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Now strap on your gun and do the Walmart walk.

Haven't been to Wal-Mart, but Harris Teeter, Starbucks, Total Wine & More, McDonald's and a couple other places have already been OC'd in.

I prefer CC, which I did over the weekend. My G19 RTF no es bueno directly against the skin. I used to wear an undershirt between it and myself but it's t-shirt weather. I noticed that my shirts want to get stuck and expose my grip of not just print really bad...

I may be looking into getting a G30S much sooner than I thought, as well as a Ruger LCR...

And no, I'm not a paid recuiter for VA, but I do enjoy living here. I honestly hope many more "red" Marylanders head this way. I honestly don't know how much Maryland can get, but I'm sure they will push it there.

I'm going to TN this week with family, and was hoping to bring a pistol but my dad's fiancee is a liberal Jew from Chicago, so you can imagine what her reaction might be if she sees me checking a firearm. Don't want to ruffle any feathers so I'll leave it home this time. :sad20:

I'm loving the seal on the rear of the CHP card. I do like the Maryland flag, but the Seal of the Commonwealth of Virginia is pretty badass!

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Congratulations. However, this is not a real impressive accomplishment seeing how you now live in a state (commonwealth) that recognizes your rights.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Congratulations. However, this is not a real impressive accomplishment seeing how you now live in a state (commonwealth) that recognizes your rights.

I had a permit in MD. I have also had a PA resident LTCF. MSP's arbitrary process for determining G&S is abhorrent.

I've been following your other thread, and I feel for you. When I left the employer I was issued a permit for, my boss had called MSP and told them I had quit. MSP promptly sent me a frightening letter telling me my permit had been thereby REVOKED by MSP and had to be surrendered ASAP - OR ELSE!!! I called the licensing division, because I was afraid a revocation would negatively affect future permit applications in MD or other states... and they said something like "well don't worry we were basically trying to scare you into turning in your permit. It wont affect you down the road, you did nothing wrong". :rolleyes:

Moving to VA was due largely to SB281. It was the last straw, but a huge and unbearable one for me. Working in the industry, I just can't live with the new laws. I wish it was as easy for every gun-loving Marylander as it was for me to bail, but in understand family/career/housing committments keep most of MDS stuck here.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you are having printing issues, sometimes forward cant on the holster will help alleviate it. My CBST and Theis IWB are adjusted for full forward cant. No printing issues in a tee shirt, including tucking the shirt in

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    If you are having printing issues, sometimes forward cant on the holster will help alleviate it. My CBST and Theis IWB are adjusted for full forward cant. No printing issues in a tee shirt, including tucking the shirt in

Yeah I use a Comp-Tac Minotaur with FBI cant. It's just the grip texture is so rough that if I bend over or twist, the little pyramids catch the material. I got the RTF for shop carry where I had oil on my hands all the time. I usually carried that one OWB anyway.

When I carried my 92FS or Colt Commander I never had issues, I just need to get a normal G19 or G30S now. :)

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

Yeah I use a Comp-Tac Minotaur with FBI cant. It's just the grip texture is so rough that if I bend over or twist, the little pyramids catch the material. I got the RTF for shop carry where I had oil on my hands all the time. I usually carried that one OWB anyway.

When I carried my 92FS or Colt Commander I never had issues, I just need to get a normal "slick side grip" G19 or G30S now. :)

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    I am Glade to see Your Post ...I am still in Florida and I love the Ruger LC9 for Summer carry, Light/Accurate , I sometimes forget it's there! Florida Treats me as a Citizen...not a Subject! I Hope All is Well my Friend!

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I am Glade to see Your Post ...I am still in Florida and I love the Ruger LC9 for Summer carry, Light/Accurate , I sometimes forget it's there! Florida Treats me as a Citizen...not a Subject! I Hope All is Well my Friend!

I hope you're doing well too, sir. I will have to talk to you some more about sharp steel things sometime! Glad you like the LC9, one of my dad's good friend who is a DC resident got one from Engage. I shot it and was also surprised about the accuracy. Stay safe!

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom