• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Not sure if it's a dup, searched 'rockethub' and nothing came up.

Non anodized 80% AR15 lowers for $25...
    Black anodized for $30

Non anodized 80% Ruger 10/22 receivers for $25
    Black anodized for $30

http://www.rockethub.com/projects/2...et-lower-receivers-support-the-2nd-ammendment

Material is 6061, not 7075, nor forged. I'm in for 2 10/22 receivers as I think they'll hold up fine out of 6061.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    If this is anything like Kickstarter, if you get hosed, it's on you. No recourse. Feel free to throw money at it for the quick deal but don't be surprised if you're left empty handed. Been there. Done that. :sad20:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What is the benefit to an 80% 10/22 receiver? Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just buy a 10/22? Is it just the coolness of making it yourself? I'll admit that it's pretty freaking cool.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I once was told if it seems to good to be true it most likely is. Good luck and let us know when they show up.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Google Red Rock Ordinance BCG scam and you'll probably reconsider. Just not worth it. I'd rather pay and know I'm getting quality rather than save money and get crap or nothing at all. There's a reason why 99% of all AR manufacturers switched to 7075.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    7075 and 6061 serve different purposes. 7075 is harder, stiffer and more brittle, which is good for something you want to keep rigid, like a firearm. 6061 is slightly softer, flexible, and more ductile. Both are used in alloy wheel making but 7075 is known to crack under stress while 6061 will flex and snap back.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I had purchased the normal 10-22 receivers a few years ago, $100 a piece, and No Dak Spud sells the 80% with jig kits to finish it, but it is much more that $35 or what ever the price is.....sounds...smells....looks like a scam of some sort....there is no way anyone can make ANY money selling them that cheap....so some else here said it first...." If it seems to be too good, well then........" :-)

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    so it looks like we get to see someone to test the Kool Aid before we all drink it. they are doing another round with the same prices but it has an end time in August the people from the first batch should get their lowers before the end date. I am going to be keeping a close eye on peoples feedback who funded the project whenever/if they receive their lower.last night I left a comment asking if we would receive or lowers before doomsday and I'm waiting for a response. if they've received good feedback I will be buying a 4 pack.

http://www.rockethub.com/projects/26814-80-ar15-lowers-80-10-22-receivers-for-our-2nd-amendment-freedom#description-tab

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    7075 and 6061 serve different purposes.
    7075 is ... stiffer, ...
    6061 is slightly ... flexible ...

The other things you say are true but alloy does not affect Youngs modulus appreciably. All aluminums are ~70GPa. Mild steel has the same stiffness(200GPa) as chromoly, for example, even thought the latter has ~6x higher yield.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Good Luck! I truly believe that these companies will fold and your money will be gone. Realisticly there is no way to machine a billet 80% lower for $25.00 . That would be like buying a new f150 for $1000.00 and as many as you want. The cost is greater than the return !

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    Prices are too good. It takes an hour and a half + of machine time to do an 80% lower. Not to mention the cost of the material and bits. No one is going to sell it for $25, that is a loss from the get go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom