• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    does the mfer work well?

I was thinking about getting one myself.

On the MFER:

I did a bunch of speed reloads (beer can grip on replacement mag, lay mag horizontally under the trigger guard, rock empty mag out by pushing forward, seat new mag. It made it virtually impossible to miss the forward lip and catch the rear tab over top of the mag release (worst thing ever).

When removing the mag traditionally, I noticed if you rock it COMPLETELY forward, the mag wanta to stay in place until you let up on pressure even a tiny bit. This, IMO is a training issue as I've always rocked them out aggressively forward, now I jusy pull them out pretty much straight, just rocking enough to clear the mag catch.

Now this is with my 5.56 Bulgarian mags. The MFER was designed for the 7.62, but from what I understand will work with most proper Russian-pattern AK mag wells. According to the reviews on Brownells they are not compatible with the WASR, but who knows, they could have had WASR-10s or something stupid.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB (GO PENS! BEAT THE ISLES!!!)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Oh also I have tapco and Bulgarian poly with steel mags will they work with the mfer

No idea. Buy from Brownells, they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You can also call amd ask their gun techs if they know what it will/won't work on.

Basically if it's based on the AK as the Russians make it, it should work.

Si vis pacem para bellum

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Yes, that or the Spike's Dynacomp, which some of my friends have been running and have said good things about.

This thing is like a sparking Godzilla toy compared to my 11.5" AR with the YHM brake though lol.

Si vis pacem para bellum

Dynacomp works exceptionally well, but I may be leaning towards the Manticore Nightbrake for my next AK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom