• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I don't live in Brochin's district . I thought I'd start a thread to get some more DINOs active in his district.

So far, Jim Brochin has said he supports gun owners and 2A. Let's look at his voting record:

In 2010, Brochin had 24,346 total votes (his opponent, Kevin Carney) had 17,320 votes, a difference of only 7,026. (http://www.elections.state.md.us/el...eral/StateResults_office_015_district_42.html)

If there is another Democrat contender in the primaries, there's a good chance Brochin will lose (any new DINOs want to run for office in that district?).

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    My situation is a bit different. I live in Montgomery County, District 18. Very liberal with pockets of moderate dems, independents, and republicans. These are my current delegates and how they voted or lean:

Guiterez - anti 2A
    Cary - anti 2A
    Waldstreicher - has yet to vote

Senator Maldaleno anti 2a

All were voted in within a few thousand votes. Currently speaking with members here at MD Shooters, neighbors, and civic organizations within the voting district. Standing by to vote out those who vote against us. I'm noticing that MD Shooters is growing daily. This tells me we are getting the word out and if these anti 2a bills become reality by legislation we'll fight this in the courts but more importantly those who failed to represent us will Be seeing the door.

ENT Shooter

Aug 21, 2011
    Towson Maryland
    I am in Brochin's district and now a DINO. Hopefully it will matter. My wife doesn't seem to want to switch. I think this switch will help some especially with the redistricting that occurred. I will work and contribute to get a better Senator for our district. If any generic Dem is going to vote for stuff like this 281 then I can't see why we have to have Brochin again.

Teratos, you must live somewhere in God's country. Thank you for all your hard work on these very important issues.

A good write up in the Towson times came out today about Brochin's "principled" vote. I am quite sure he knows very well that his vote was unpopular and will likely be costly.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/towson/ph-tt-brochin-gun-0313-20130306,0,5748342.story
    Some good comments there as well.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I live in PG, I have told Peters (whom I know, changed to Dem 3 years ago so I could vote for him) that I will actively campaign against anyone who votes "yea" on SB281 or its house equivalent. He has one more chance, but since he co-sponsored it...... it does not look good.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's great that there are live Reps in Brochin's district. Doesn't effect the need to take him out in Dem primary. This would send the maxium message to his fellow Dem to be taken out by his own kind.

Of course if the GOP candidate is better than the substitute Dem , by all means vote for him in the General Election.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Brooklyn, I'm still voting R in the general, just don't want Brochin to get another pass in the primary.

I figured that. I am hoping that at the town hall there will be some indication of support from the delegates. If not then why be Republican.. And we need a strong challenge to Brochin.

Try to make it to the town hall...

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I told Brochin that I would spend money and time to get him booted out come election time and I'm not in his district. If this Chris Cavey guy is the way to go then I'll be donateing to his campaign. I will take a picture of the check and send it to Brochin telling him I didnot forget. :)

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I wished I lived in his district. I would love to run against him and just shit talk him day and night to the media in order to smear his campaign from a personal level and nothing more.

racer79

n00b
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northern MD
    "I know that politically, this wasn't the smartest move, but I've got to do what I think is right. … I can't think about the political consequences"

I would think that as an elected official, the political consequences would be my only concern: Representing those who put me in office

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    It's great that there are live Reps in Brochin's district. Doesn't effect the need to take him out in Dem primary. This would send the maxium message to his fellow Dem to be taken out by his own kind.

Of course if the GOP candidate is better than the substitute Dem , by all means vote for him in the General Election.

As long as the GOP doesn't field a bunch of numb nut candidates, we should end up with Chris Cavey on the Republican ticket. He is firmly on our side. Some of you may have met him on March 5th.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    "I know that politically, this wasn't the smartest move, but I've got to do what I think is right. … I can't think about the political consequences"

I would think that as an elected official, the political consequences would be my only concern: Representing those who put me in office

Exactly....he wasn't elected to do what HE thinks is right......he was elected to represent what the majority of his constuants think is right....given the demographics of his new district I would think he could be easily defeated in a primary...as I recall he was unopposed in the last primary so any sort of viable candidate should be quite a shock to him............

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom