• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Who would be interested in participating in a fun niche in action shooting where you dress in prohibition/depression-era garb and tote the heaters carried by mobsters and coppers of the day?

http://www.zootshooters.com/

I'm really interested and may be looking to join with those who would found a local chapter if there is enough interest. I saw some of these guys up at the Contagion 2011 zombie shoot and they looked like they were having a blast!

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    That sounds absolutely badass. I'd love to do it, other than I can't afford a Thompson. Could something like an M1 Carbine be substituted for it?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    That sounds absolutely badass. I'd love to do it, other than I can't afford a Thompson. Could something like an M1 Carbine be substituted for it?

Anything in use between 1920-1940 should be ok. I like to go against the grain so I'll be using things other than the stereotypical .45 1911. I'm thinking Colt 1908, C96 Mauser, revolvers, and if I do a 1911 it will be in .38 Super with a Thompson foregrip.

My girlfriend is already itching to work out a costume. Now I need to start watching more of the Three Stooges and old gangster movies to pick up the lingo lol.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Anything in use between 1920-1940 should be ok. I like to go against the grain so I'll be using things other than the stereotypical .45 1911. I'm thinking Colt 1908, C96 Mauser, revolvers, and if I do a 1911 it will be in .38 Super with a Thompson foregrip.

My girlfriend is already itching to work out a costume. Now I need to start watching more of the Three Stooges and old gangster movies to pick up the lingo lol.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB
    I like that shiny nickel .38 Super that RIA makes. This would be a good excuse. Also an excuse to wear a shoulder holster, which is awesome.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The neat thing is, you can use many of the same firearms as for cowboy shooting. :)

It looks like fun.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I'd be interested! Looks like we would have to form a local club though. I didnt see any clubs in MD

That's what I'm getting at. If we get a few dozen people interested and have some dedicated RSOs/match directors maybe we can get a chapter started. This is personally more appealing to me than SASS, and I'll be promoting this idea to try and drum up support.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Smores, do you have any ranges in mind that might be able to host it? It would be nice if we could find some place fairly central in the state.

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    I am interested. I found the website some years ago and thought it looked pretty cool. If there was a chapter started, and I'm not volunteering to run it, I might be able to provide a venue for the matches on occasion. In fact, the Zoot Shooters could just shoot our existing Action Matches as a separate division no harm, no foul. Anything 1920-1940 would surely fall within our Limited or Tac Ops requirements.

Did anyone notice that some of the founders are the same ones who founded USPSA/IPSC?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Smores, do you have any ranges in mind that might be able to host it? It would be nice if we could find some place fairly central in the state.

I had a small range in mind but... (see below)

I am interested. I found the website some years ago and thought it looked pretty cool. If there was a chapter started, and I'm not volunteering to run it, I might be able to provide a venue for the matches on occasion. In fact, the Zoot Shooters could just shoot our existing Action Matches as a separate division no harm, no foul. Anything 1920-1940 would surely fall within our Limited or Tac Ops requirements.

This is good to know! I am currently an IDPA member and have been shooting at AAFG. I haven't been to a match in a few months because of budget issues (plus the lack of available ammo lol) but maybe I could pitch it to the board members there. However, AAFG already hosts many types of matches.

I would assume this would be a semi-annual thing to start and if there's enough interest, maybe have more events down the road. I guess we should work up a few "capers" and submit a sample COF to any range that would be accommodating. IDPA targets and stands are simple enough but I think we can be creative and come up with some unique targets too. Any range with poppers or other steel targets would be a plus!

I would be glad to act as a match director or co-match director with anyone who's got time to put into this. I am not an NRA certified RSO but should be soon, as soon as I can find a course with spots open that fits my schedule.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    I had a small range in mind but... (see below)

This is good to know! I am currently an IDPA member and have been shooting at AAFG. I haven't been to a match in a few months because of budget issues (plus the lack of available ammo lol) but maybe I could pitch it to the board members there. However, AAFG already hosts many types of matches.

I would assume this would be a semi-annual thing to start and if there's enough interest, maybe have more events down the road. I guess we should work up a few "capers" and submit a sample COF to any range that would be accommodating. IDPA targets and stands are simple enough but I think we can be creative and come up with some unique targets too. Any range with poppers or other steel targets would be a plus!

I would be glad to act as a match director or co-match director with anyone who's got time to put into this. I am not an NRA certified RSO but should be soon, as soon as I can find a course with spots open that fits my schedule.

PM me or Howard, this would be a nice addition to our program. Funny, I was talking with a cowboy shooter this evening about this very thing......

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

PM me or Howard, this would be a nice addition to our program. Funny, I was talking with a cowboy shooter this evening about this very thing......

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    York IWLA is still interested, it would make a great diversion from my monthly FunShoot. We will host it, and ride the bus, but I think we need a driver.

gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom