• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I'm on a little roll here. Delegate Wilson called me this evening to discuss the letters I sent (written, signed and mailed) to him.

He started off sounding kind of upset at my threat to vote and campaign against him should he support these bills. He went on to say he carries a 1911, owns GLOCKs and SIGs. He even says he's trying to find an AR at a reasonable price! After breaking the ice, we talked for a bit and he seems pretty cool. Definitely more of a "conservative" democrat. He said he isn't in the house of delegates to make a career out of it but to represent his constituents.

He served in the Army and seems like a pretty decent guy. He said he will vote against any assault weapons ban. However, he said he supports a magazine capacity restriction and requiring purchasers to complete gun safety training courses.

So, I hope this helps shed light on his positions. Sounds like we need to softly coax him to come more solidly to our side. I'm working on helping him find an AR... lol

Si vis pacem para bellum

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Sounds nice.

However, I personally don't believe any politicians from any party. I find it hard to believe that there are that many people interested in serving the best interests of others. I feel like they're all in it for something and they'd kill their grandma if it moved them up the ladder.

I know.. :tinfoil:

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Working at a gun range has challenged my view that training should not be an impediment to exercise a right. I haven't flipped, but damn some people make it hard.....

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Sounds nice.

However, I personally don't believe any politicians from any party. I find it hard to believe that there are that many people interested in serving the best interests of others. I feel like they're all in it for something and they'd kill their grandma if it moved them up the ladder.

After DeGrange voting for cloture today, I'm with you on this one.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I'm on a little roll here. Delegate Wilson called me this evening to discuss the letters I sent (written, signed and mailed) to him.

He started off sounding kind of upset at my threat to vote and campaign against him should he support these bills. He went on to say he carries a 1911, owns GLOCKs and SIGs. He even says he's trying to find an AR at a reasonable price! After breaking the ice, we talked for a bit and he seems pretty cool. Definitely more of a "conservative" democrat. He said he isn't in the house of delegates to make a career out of it but to represent his constituents.

He served in the Army and seems like a pretty decent guy. He said he will vote against any assault weapons ban. However, he said he supports a magazine capacity restriction and requiring purchasers to complete gun safety training courses.

So, I hope this helps shed light on his positions. Sounds like we need to softly coax him to come more solidly to our side. I'm working on helping him find an AR... lol

Si vis pacem para bellum

I have met him a couple time and he is a good guy and more conservative then most Democrats. CT Wilson grew up as a foster child and does a lot in the state for foster children and families. My wife and I foster teens and this is how we met him two years ago. My oldest foster daughter is in the US Army and he said that he would give us a tour of the State House the next time she is home visiting.

I have written him several times over the past couple weeks asking him to not support SB281.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    He called the house and asked to talk to my wife. He assured her he was against the bill then. But like was mentioned already, I only trust politicians so far since I got a few emails from Middleton that he was firmly in our corner but we all know how that turned out.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Sounds nice.

And that is why I keep telling my wife I will never run. While I would really like to put forth some "common sense" legislation like fining parents for not registering their children early enough for kindergarten to allow the schools to gauge class size, I do not want to be looked upon as a "politician". Bad enough even mentioning I am an attorney. Try to mention I am a CPA first when people ask me what I do. "I'm a CPA and also an attorney".

Some are into politics for the power. Others aren't. Just like anything else, it is tough to separate the good from the bad.

Right now, Obama is in it to try and make a legacy for himself. O'Malley is in it to try and be the next POTUS.

Shaggy

Feb 8, 2013
    Westminster
    Working at a gun range has challenged my view that training should not be an impediment to exercise a right. I haven't flipped, but damn some people make it hard.....

I feel you. I have been flagged by more Navy officers with M-16's than I
    care to think about in training. I really would like anyone buying a firearm to
    get training, take a hunter safety course, ect. Making it mandatory has tons
    of issues, even above restricting access to a constitutional right. If you don’t
    have a gun and need one, this will make it at least 30-45 days to get one.
    That doesn’t even take into account that when this starts it will be 2-6
    months before MSP will start sending out the license.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

There are ways to make training strongly encouraged without compromising the right. I do not want to post them here,but it has to do extending privileges to trained persons over non trained persons. Presumptions in the law that would be very beneficial should an incident occur. If we get though this fight perhaps we can discuss these options with more moderate legislators, esp re carry permitting.

Last edited:

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    I feel you. I have been flagged by more Navy officers with M-16's than I
    care to think about in training. I really would like anyone buying a firearm to
    get training, take a hunter safety course, ect. Making it mandatory has tons
    of issues, even above restricting access to a constitutional right. If you don’t
    have a gun and need one, this will make it at least 30-45 days to get one.
    That doesn’t even take into account that when this starts it will be 2-6
    months before MSP will start sending out the license.

I do not think you should have to go through "training" to buy a firearm especially when the so called "training" at this time is undefined. Maybe they could update the current handgun training video.
    I do believe that firearm edcaution HAS to be taught in school to children at an early age but that's whole separate topic for another day.

Last edited:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

Si vis pacem para bellum

Maybe you can convince him to propose an amendment doing away with the threaded barrel and suppressor ban.

Mr H

Banana'd
    His response is key.

We as a community tend to spend far too much time on knee-jerking to the little things we see and hear.

It's somewhat understandable, as we are treated as second-class citizens by the Critterati at large.

But Del. Wilson is someone to be looked at further (and possibly commended).

I suggest that we all reach a little deeper in our 'research', and make sure we're hitting all the right targets. I know I've had to retract a comment or 10 for the same reason.

FatMuscle

Aug 9, 2010
    La Plata

Si vis pacem para bellum

I know CT personally. We don't always agree, lol, but he is willing to listen. Yes, certainly more towards "center" than not. We had a lot of conversation about SB281 as it was moving through. He is a good guy with a great family.

We met for dinner one night and played the I'll show you mine if you show me yours with our CCW. Yes, he likes to carry his 1911...lol

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thread started on half information over a year ago.

Someone clicks on a link without digging further.

Sends an e-mail, based on what information?

Gets a kick in the teeth e-mail back.

People need to pay more attention to threads, links and the information in those links.

Just my observation.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Without a doubt. I should have read what that website said vs what I wanted it to say. I thought I was sending some thing to just the anti's vs to all. I actually knew he was on our side but I am to blame for not comprehending what that website was really doing. My response was:

My research shows he is on our side so until I see otherwise I will support him.

Consider a follow up note.. he earned it.

Just be contrite, and apologize for the misunderstanding. Point out that you are new to this and you are going to help get others to know what his stand actually is.. Mention your post here, and thank him for his response.

It would help us all if you did.

EDIT
    Oops overtaken by events.. :) sorry :)

You made it right -- that's the honorable thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom