• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Wow the New MSAR Maryland Small Arms Range finally open and it’s great, very nice lots of room you could hold a couple hundred people in the new building. It only a few minutes from where the old range was located just down the street. Outside you got 150 parking slots. The Range has two 7 hand gun 25 yard positions in two different areas and 10 50 yard Rife positions in its own room, the target control are electronic for distance, plenty of light and great ventilation. In the show room you have miles of counter space the has plenty room for produces. The Range and Gun rentals is up front., Has it own counter. There still some work to do in the class rooms but that should be done soon. On the 2nd Floor, Stairs or Elevator it has an area almost as big as the 1st floor that where they put their clothing lines and belts tons of 5.11 and uncle mikes gear . I left my Phone at home so sorry no inside pictures I’ll see what I can do later. While I was watching a few people shooting a man and lady came up introduced them self as one of the owners of MSAR, Mike sorry I forgot her name both were very nice people. BTW they had a what looked to be 6 AR for sale didn't get the price.:thumbsup:

Does this sound like I’m a fan, well Hell Yea, the range is great, it'sclose to my house, the prices are right and I’m not outside in the cold and rain.

MSAR Maryland Small Arms Range
    9801 Fallard Court, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
    www.msar.com
    This a google picture for now

View attachment 74678

Last edited:

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    Thanks my wife has been bugging me about a range day. She doesn't do shooting outside in the cold.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Price on lane?

Off their web site www.msar.com

$15.00 - Daily Membership

A daily membership allows up to two people to shoot on one lane for the entire day. We must hold your drivers license to use the range. The range is first come, first served. No reservations are taken

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Off their web site www.msar.com

$15.00 - Daily Membership

A daily membership allows up to two people to shoot on one lane for the entire day. We must hold your drivers license to use the range. The range is first come, first served. No reservations are taken

Site hasn't been updated, that has been the price and policy at the old range for years. Be nice if it stays that way, but I would think it has to go up a little bit. Still 10 minutes from my house, going to check it out this weekend.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Site hasn't been updated, that has been the price and policy at the old range for years. Be nice if it stays that way, but I would think it has to go up a little bit. Still 10 minutes from my house, going to check it out this weekend.

what he said.. :D

cant make it tonight.. will more likely stop by tomorrow and check them out.. take longer route to go home.. :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Lx1x - if you plan on stopping by there, let me know. I may have to stop in and check it out.

The M&P's haven't been out to play lately.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    WOW!!! ITS ABOUT TIME. Now Im tore between Freds Sports who just opened theirs in Waldorf and MSAR in Upper Marlboro.....Best of both I guess. :)

Really?! I wouldn't even give it a second thought. MSAR.

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    Full auto allowed? And if so, up to what caliber?

I went today. They will ask you what you're shooting at the front desk. I told her .308, 12 gauge and handgun. When I shot my .308 rifle, I was quickly tappin that trigger! Range master came in periodically to make sure everyone was good. I believe they allow 50 caliber Barrett, but don't quote me. I paid $15 dollars and I brought my own ammo and targets.

My review is here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=103819

Awesome range!! Go before they announce they are open on their Facebook page!! They will definitely have my cash!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    they get range master now!?? thats awesome!!!

brad.. i might stop by after work just to check the new place out and check the pricing etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom