• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    I was googling air gun targets the other day and saw quite a few videos of people bending spoons over a support rod. Saw a couple with suspending the electrical gang boxes from 550 cord for swingers as well. I currently use a production trap by Stoeger, but I had to beef it up with two of the blank electrical box covers, as my .22s started bulging out the back. I'm thinking of making some single swingers using spoons, as I'd like to have multiple targets at various distances to get my skills up. Most of the cheaper ones, like I currently have are the 4 small swingers on one set...anyone have any other cheap ideas?

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    I have several that I use. I like "reactive" targets.

3' long 2x4 with 3/16" holes drilled about 4" apart down the length of it. Then I sit golf tee's in each hole. A big drop of glue in each tee then sit a paintball in the glue. When they dry remove and do another board full this way you will have immediate replacements.

You can also do the same thing with a 2x4 and approx 3/8" holes and put sticks of chalk in the holes.

Food coloring added to water and frozen in ice cube trays. Remember, the ones you had to dump before the auto ice maker. Sit them on a 2x4 also

Mardi-Gras beads from the dollar store hanging from branches or other support

I also have a couple spoon spinners you are thinking of making. 1/4" all-thread and some 1/4" ID tubing supported by 2 1x2" - Tubing acts as a spacer between the spoons. I put mine like 3" apart. Just use needle nose pliers to "roll" the spoon handle into a circle a bit bigger then 1/4".

The dollar store is a good place to browse for targets. Some guys play sniper with those green army men. But then you have plastic pieces all over the place. a bag of those frosted cookies will feed the birds after you use them.

shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    I have several that I use. I like "reactive" targets.

3' long 2x4 with 3/16" holes drilled about 4" apart down the length of it. Then I sit golf tee's in each hole. A big drop of glue in each tee then sit a paintball in the glue. When they dry remove and do another board full this way you will have immediate replacements.

You can also do the same thing with a 2x4 and approx 3/8" holes and put sticks of chalk in the holes.

Food coloring added to water and frozen in ice cube trays. Remember, the ones you had to dump before the auto ice maker. Sit them on a 2x4 also

Mardi-Gras beads from the dollar store hanging from branches or other support

I also have a couple spoon spinners you are thinking of making. 1/4" all-thread and some 1/4" ID tubing supported by 2 1x2" - Tubing acts as a spacer between the spoons. I put mine like 3" apart. Just use needle nose pliers to "roll" the spoon handle into a circle a bit bigger then 1/4".

The dollar store is a good place to browse for targets. Some guys play sniper with those green army men. But then you have plastic pieces all over the place. a bag of those frosted cookies will feed the birds after you use them.

Great ideas. Thank you. I will make some spoon ones...but I really like the cookie idea...smart....

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I was googling air gun targets the other day and saw quite a few videos of people bending spoons over a support rod. Saw a couple with suspending the electrical gang boxes from 550 cord for swingers as well. I currently use a production trap by Stoeger, but I had to beef it up with two of the blank electrical box covers, as my .22s started bulging out the back. I'm thinking of making some single swingers using spoons, as I'd like to have multiple targets at various distances to get my skills up. Most of the cheaper ones, like I currently have are the 4 small swingers on one set...anyone have any other cheap ideas?

paper plates are cheap.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    And then there are 'TARGET" plastic shopping bags with cardboard liners (from boxes delivered to your Casa) ...targets from TARGET..free..if you shop at TARGET.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Cheap suckers work well. Drill small holes along a board and put the paper sucker stick into the hole. When you hit the sucker well they explode and sometimes you can smell cherry, grape whatever flavor they are.
    V

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Cheap suckers work well. Drill small holes along a board and put the paper sucker stick into the hole. When you hit the sucker well they explode and sometimes you can smell cherry, grape whatever flavor they are.
    V

Dum dums, or blow pops? What diameter sucker?

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    What he said. I think you can get the cheap ones at dollar stores. Kids seem to like it because of the instant feedback.
    V

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom