• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactikool

Jun 30, 2020
    I know....I know another HBAR question.
    Tried the search function first, but nothing I saw addressed my question. Looking at AR15s for a while on GB for a somewhat good deal
    in today’s market and was wondering if a seller specifies the barrel as an “HBAR” in the listing if this would meet the requirement? I assume if the seller is an FFL this would help. Most of the ARs I’ve been looking at are built and not a complete factory rifle (i.e Colt) so I would taking the seller at their word. The barrel profiles look HBAR if that counts for anything.

dkim73

Feb 15, 2009
    You have to go the manufacturer's website and and see if it says "heavy" in its description of the barrel, You can not take the seller's word for it. You can also go to the MD State police site and check out the list of approved ARs. There are a ton of ppl on here wiser and more experienced... that will show you the way. Good luck. Also, always check w the FFL about the gun before bidding on it if not sure.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    you can buy one from Centurion ARMS and they will engrave HBAR on your barrel, damn good barrels as well.

Feb 28, 2013
    I know....I know another HBAR question.
    Tried the search function first, but nothing I saw addressed my question. Looking at AR15s for a while on GB for a somewhat good deal
    in today’s market and was wondering if a seller specifies the barrel as an “HBAR” in the listing if this would meet the requirement? I assume if the seller is an FFL this would help. Most of the ARs I’ve been looking at are built and not a complete factory rifle (i.e Colt) so I would taking the seller at their word. The barrel profiles look HBAR if that counts for anything.

If its the same size from the barrel nut out to the gas block, youre good

Thats what makes a heavy barrel

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875658415

Here is an example of what I’m referring to. The description says it’s a RRA heavy barrel. Maybe if the seller had the Item # for the barrel?
    Looks like an Hbar

Go to RRA and see how they designate heavy contour(roll mark on the barrel etc). Or, why not ask the seller? I think you're GTG.

After visiting RRA site and even though the barrel seems to have a heavy contour, I saw no wording stating it was a heavy barrel. You'd have to contact RRA and ask if the barrel is marked Hbar.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    YYou can also go to the MD State police site and check out the list of approved ARs.

1) The list is NOT legally binding. It says so.

2) The list is wrong in several areas.

3) It will not list a built rifle, only factory rifles.

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    Pretty sure rra marks their barrels under the hg with a 3 digit number. They have a list of the barrel codes online somewhere.

Feb 28, 2013
    That's just common sense; too bad our lawmakers don't have any.

...Which brings me to my next question. When did this “advertised or marketed” crap become a law?

Pinecone mentioned earlier the “banned” list wasnt legally binding. Its a guide, so to speak. Duffys even ignored that after the C308s went on it cuz he knew the parts wouldnt swap out. But we’re all supposed to except another “guidance” from some know nothin retard like its the word of God. Hell, by that “logic” somebody could advertise a pencil barrel as “heavy” and call it legal

Nope, thats a bridge too far. I’ll trust what Ive tested myself

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    ...Which brings me to my next question. When did this “advertised or marketed” crap become a law?

Pinecone mentioned earlier the “banned” list wasnt legally binding. Its a guide, so to speak. Duffys even ignored that after the C308s went on it cuz he knew the parts wouldnt swap out. But we’re all supposed to except another “guidance” from some know nothin retard like its the word of God. Hell, by that “logic” somebody could advertise a pencil barrel as “heavy” and call it legal

Nope, thats a bridge too far. I’ll trust what Ive tested myself

That Colt that everyone in MD was buying is obviously a government profile barrel, but it's advertised as a heavy barrel.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dont hafta be “written”. You need directions to find your wang in the john?

I know a heavy barrel when I see one, and so does everybody with half a brain

And your opinion holds what legal weight?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

The law says HBAR.

It is up to MSP to create regulations and interpretations in accordance with the law.

Their interpretation is it must be marked or advertised as heavy.

If you want to change it, file a law suit.

Feb 28, 2013
    The law says HBAR.

It is up to MSP to create regulations and interpretations in accordance with the law.

Their interpretation is it must be marked or advertised as heavy.

You mean like the same way the C308s and Galil Aces landed on the banned list that you yerself said was wrong?

All Im sayin is there’s more than one way to skin a cat, and whats the common trait all the marketed heavy barrels share?

.750” from the barrel nut out to the gas block

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom