• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    For the benefit of Seeker, and anyone else not up to speed; on MDS we have two continual running punchlines for all occasions :

1. Two Weeks
    2. 3%

Go ahead and give them the historical significance of each.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    1. Dating back to 2013 , and the backlogs of 77Rs , the word was always that things would be approved " in about two weeks " . They weren't . Evolved into the MDS equivalent of " Manana " .

2. A famous former member ( actually nice guy in person ) , when discussing muzzleloader projectiles specifically , and anything lead related generally , would always put forth " But it would be better with 3% antimony " .

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    1. Dating back to 2013 , and the backlogs of 77Rs , the word was always that things would be approved " in about two weeks " . They weren't . Evolved into the MDS equivalent of " Manana " .

2. A famous former member ( actually nice guy in person ) , when discussing muzzleloader projectiles specifically , and anything lead related generally , would always put forth " But it would be better with 3% antimony " .

#2 has a little more to the story than that. The guy started a thread about how well his homemade sabots were mushrooming. Somebody asked the guy if his sabots were pure lead and he replied that they were actually 3% antimony. In a subsequent post he went ahead and outlined how he mixes the lead in a melting pot. He used 2 bars of pure lead and 1 bar of 3% antimony lead. A math lesson ensued about how he was getting 1% antimony sabots from that mixture and not 3% antimony sabots, and he insisted that they were 3% antimony sabots. Same guy was reloading rounds for his friend's .300 RUM and then mentioned in another post about how his friend's .300 RUM blew up on a Colorado hunt.

Same guy made a deal with me for some reloading brass that he was selling. We came to an agreed upon price for the brass with shipping. Then, he PM'ed me back and told me that some other guys were also interested in the brass and that I would have to give him more money if I wanted it. Told him to sell it to the other guy. That is about all I can remember about SOMDSHOOT.

He very well could be the nicest guy in person. Sharpest tool in the shed?

Edit to add: I had to go and find the thread. Wanted to read it again for giggles.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=1886159#poststop

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Can anyone near Annapolis with $10 stop by the court and get a copy of the audio before they close at 4:30 today?

Here is the info you will need:

Maryland Court of Special Appeals
    361 Rowe Blvd
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    410-260-1450
    Hours: 8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.

Monday, November 4, 2019
    Case# CSA-REG-2431-2018
    Edward H. Whalen v. Handgun Permit Review Board
    Judges: Wells, Presiding, Shaw Geter, Zarnoch
    Courtroom 1

CD Recording $10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did anyone go i work close and can scrounge 10 bucks easy enough lmk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Did anyone go i work close and can scrounge 10 bucks easy enough lmk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one yet. If you can go I’d be grateful.
    I will pm you my cell#. After you get the CDRom, put it in a computer and text me. I can grab it remotely, covert it to .mp3 and upload it so we can listen to the hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    #2 has a little more to the story than that. The guy started a thread about how well his homemade sabots were mushrooming. Somebody asked the guy if his sabots were pure lead and he replied that they were actually 3% antimony. In a subsequent post he went ahead and outlined how he mixes the lead in a melting pot. He used 2 bars of pure lead and 1 bar of 3% antimony lead. A math lesson ensued about how he was getting 1% antimony sabots from that mixture and not 3% antimony sabots, and he insisted that they were 3% antimony sabots. Same guy was reloading rounds for his friend's .300 RUM and then mentioned in another post about how his friend's .300 RUM blew up on a Colorado hunt.

Same guy made a deal with me for some reloading brass that he was selling. We came to an agreed upon price for the brass with shipping. Then, he PM'ed me back and told me that some other guys were also interested in the brass and that I would have to give him more money if I wanted it. Told him to sell it to the other guy. That is about all I can remember about SOMDSHOOT.

He very well could be the nicest guy in person. Sharpest tool in the shed?

Edit to add: I had to go and find the thread. Wanted to read it again for giggles.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=1886159#poststop

Wasn't he also the former member who was using pistol primers in rifle reloads, or vice versa? And was selling reloads without proper licenses?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Wasn't he also the former member who was using pistol primers in rifle reloads, or vice versa? And was selling reloads without proper licenses?

That would be one and the same guy. He was going on and on about how the pistol primers worked just fine in his rifle reloads and was arguing with everybody that he was right. Think 100 people told him he was wrong and he still insisted that he was right.

Don't think he even thought for a second that his reloads were the cause if his buddy's 300 RUM blowing up. He probably thought it was inferior barrel steel or a manufacturing defect on the gun.

Just incredible.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Stayed tuned. We will be posting the audio of the Whalen argument on the MSI website within the next day or so.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    No cameras allowed into oral argument before the three-judge panel of the Court of Special Appeals, but it looked exactly like the top picture.

Entire argument and rebuttal for the Plaintiff delivered by the MSI President, including all case citations, without notes.

The two pictures below that are the MSI Men of Law, gathered in front of the Courthouse, where cameras are allowed.

Plaintiff, second from left. Plaintiff’s father, a retired Federal judge, center.

Attachments

• 0EA13370-8163-4783-A209-51600CE51C4B.jpg
      0EA13370-8163-4783-A209-51600CE51C4B.jpg
      72.8 KB · Views: 298
    • FB28EDBE-F11B-4DFE-B4FE-3ED1F1D957AB.jpg
      FB28EDBE-F11B-4DFE-B4FE-3ED1F1D957AB.jpg
      121.4 KB · Views: 319
    • C7752C83-3595-4A57-826E-9E15B8E32BB4.jpg
      C7752C83-3595-4A57-826E-9E15B8E32BB4.jpg
      108.2 KB · Views: 326

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Spoiler Alert: The Unmade Bed that is Mark Bowen argued that the HPRB has/had the ability to determine if G&S is constitutional. I shit you not. Someone call Judge Smails.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Mark Bowen doesn't even wipe the Frosh off his ass without permission from, well, Frosh.

Personally I think it would be great if the HPRB decided to step in an issue an appellate type opinion on GS. Frosh would drown in his own Frosh if that happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom