• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I want to start a new collection of Foreign made butterfly knives. I'm really not impresses with "Made in China" and I'm search dearly for Filipino origin.

I picked up a Japanese made balisong today but want to see if anyone collects them or has any info. Its marked

K-534
    Made in Japan

Parker IMAI
    Surgical Steel

I looks and feels well made. any info would be great! I found a file pic online.

thanks! FPS

Attachments

• Parker IMAI 1.jpg
      Parker IMAI 1.jpg
      84.9 KB · Views: 593

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I have one I purchased back in early 80's. It is fine for what it is. Stays sharp, easy to sharpen. I used to carry it while in the Army back before butterfly knives got a bad rep. I think you'll enjoy it.

Attachments

• IMG_0498.jpg
      IMG_0498.jpg
      77.4 KB · Views: 528

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I have one I purchased back in early 80's. It is fine for what it is. Stays sharp, easy to sharpen. I used to carry it while in the Army back before butterfly knives got a bad rep. I think you'll enjoy it.

Thats sweet!!

what i'm finding is they were made back in the 80's so I got a good deal.

what did you pay back then if you recall?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Most of my PMA type knives are US made, have a few other cheaper models, and use cheap trainers, but would love a couple good imports. Problem is there are obstacles to importing them as balis are considered switchblades by ICE. Spyderco ended up losing about $500,000 between confiscated spyderfly balisong knives and fines after importing them from their Taiwan factory about 15 years ago. Of course like many other things, thousands of small Chinese factorys and importers routinely get them through without a problem.

20181030_155147.jpg

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Most of my PMA type knives are US made, have a few other cheaper models, and use cheap trainers, but would love a couple good imports. Problem is there are obstacles to importing them as balis are considered switchblades by ICE. Spyderco ended up losing about $500,000 between confiscated spyderfly balisong knives and fines after importing them from their Taiwan factory about 15 years ago. Of course like many other things, thousands of small Chinese factorys and importers routinely get them through without a problem.

View attachment 251409

Nice collection!!!

my parents are currently in the Philippines, i'm going to ask them to send me some authentic Filipino balisongs back

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Nice collection!!!

my parents are currently in the Philippines, i'm going to ask them to send me some authentic Filipino balisongs back

You probably already know this but be aware that the Philippine manufactured balisongs usually have the reverse arrangement from the ones most of us have (cutting edge relative to which handle has lock) so very easy to get cut if you don’t notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom