• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Maybe I've overlooked it but would have thought there would be a step by step HQL process thread stickied some where. I'm training exempt as well.

Browsing the MD.gov HQl site link is confusing. It looks like to apply I need to register here. I also need to get the fingerprints somewhere locally using the HQL code:

For HQL Applicants: Below is the information that you should provide to the LiveScan technician for fingerprinting:

Agency Authorization Number: 1300004845
    Agency ORI Number: MD920511Z
    Reason Fingerprinted: MD Public Safety Article, Section 5-117.1 pertaining to Handgun Qualification License.

Looking at the MD.gov fee schedule it's $75 for original application plus whatever the fingerprint place wants.

Does this sound right?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You're looking at the carry permit fee. HQL application fee is $50. I got digital prints done at my sheriff's office for $35 but they have since stopped doing it.

If that's your personal code, you should delete it from here.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    You're looking at the carry permit fee. HQL application fee is $50. I got digital prints done at my sheriff's office for $35 but they have since stopped doing it.

If that's your personal code, you should delete it from here.

Gotcha on the fee. Code is generic for fingerprints.

montyw2

Feb 11, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    If you are not training exempt:
    Schedule and take your HQL class
    Get fingerprinted and begin your HQL online application
    (You'll need to enter your fingerprint PCN or tracking number and your instructor QHIC number.)
    Complete your application by paying the MD fee and submitting app.
    Wait 3-4 for your card to arrive (if you are not disapproved)

I'm in Frederick if you need assistance.

www.ConditionOneMD.com

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Cool, thanks. My son is trying to get his as well but he needs to find his hunter safety card.

Buy a stripped lower. Pick up stripped lower after 7 days. Start application for training exempt. Use stripped lower for training exemption. Go to FredCo Sheriff's Office Tues-Thurs 1000-1700. Pay FCSO the 50 bucks. Get fingerprinted. Get receipt with fingerprint number on it. Go home. Finish application. Press submit. Wait till HQL comes in the mail. Open envelope. Take long hot shower with lots of soap to clean off the dirty feeling. Go buy new handgun.

Start buying parts to assemble AR15.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Buy a stripped lower. Pick up stripped lower after 7 days. Start application for training exempt. Use stripped lower for training exemption. Go to FredCo Sheriff's Office Tues-Thurs 1000-1700. Pay FCSO the 50 bucks. Get fingerprinted. Get receipt with fingerprint number on it. Go home. Finish application. Press submit. Wait till HQL comes in the mail. Open envelope. Take long hot shower with lots of soap to clean off the dirty feeling. Go buy new handgun.

I didn’t do FCSO for finger prints and I used my hunter’s safety instead of the serial off one of my lowers, but otherwise that was the exact process I did. Though actually it was two showers.

I still didn’t feel clean after the first one.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster

Hold on...

Someone, who has never had training can buy a stripped lower today and apply for a HQL as training exempt after they pick up the lower and bypass doing the classroom training?

Edit: Yeah, they'll still need fingerprints but buying a stripped lower bypasses the training requirement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom