• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Can anyone w/ a factory CZ folding stock take a look at it and see if there is room to pin it non-destructively. I'll need to be able to drill a hole clean though and not hit important bits, then put a roll pin in. I've been thinking about buying a Evo Carbine and integrally suppress it. But in MD will need to pin the stock to avoid 2 "evil features":mad54:

I bought a MPX carbine first (and have already filed the form1 for an integral suppressor) but it has a telescoping stock. Now that I've seen the Evo more its growing on me and I think I may want one of them too.

I have a stock you can borrow to take a look at.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have a stock you can borrow to take a look at.
    Where are you? (Hint: put at least a general location in your profile;))

So does this work with any 3 lug mount?
    The 3-lug is a standard. Any 3-lug suppressor should fit any 3-lug barrel as long as they were made to spec.
    Note: the linked silencerco adapter for your hybrid is only half of the puzzle. You need the M18x1 to 3-lug muzzle device that is shown in that pic too. I don't know who made that.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Where are you? (Hint: put at least a general location in your profile;))

The 3-lug is a standard. Any 3-lug suppressor should fit any 3-lug barrel as long as they were made to spec.
    Note: the linked silencerco adapter for your hybrid is only half of the puzzle. You need the M18x1 to 3-lug muzzle device that is shown in that pic too. I don't know who made that.

Ah damn I thought I did that. Thanks lol. I'm in Dundalk. I work out in MoCo a good bit. Do you work there during the day as well?

I found one from Manticore arms for the CZ. Then I found this demonstration. Wondering which I'd like to do more. Trying to use the factory stock.

https://www.manticorearms.com/scorpion-evo-products/scorpion-evo-tri-lug-adapter.html

http://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1/cz-evo-long-suppressor-adapter.html

imtan8

Jun 9, 2014
    Virginia
    Form 1 Question.
    4a. Name and Address of Original Manufacturer and/or Importer of Firearm

Whats did you use?
    CZ-USA Kansas, KS or CZ Czech Republic

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Last I heard it was Česká Zbrojovka with a location of Czech Republic. Some have gotten their stamps with CZ USA, some have not.

imtan8

Jun 9, 2014
    Virginia
    what aftermarket 922R parts did you guys use?
    I don't want to buy a 922R kit and only use 1 or 2 things from it. I read on some forums that the thin 922r disconnector kits breaking?

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    I have read through most of the pages in this post and have seen all the suggestions and steps people have taken to SBR their EVO. I have the EVO pistol and carbine and would like to SBR the pistol if possible. Has anyone actually completed an SBR build and gotten the "length" required my MD?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I have read through most of the pages in this post and have seen all the suggestions and steps people have taken to SBR their EVO. I have the EVO pistol and carbine and would like to SBR the pistol if possible. Has anyone actually completed an SBR build and gotten the "length" required my MD?

I thought gre24ene figured it out way back on page 4. pwoolford on page 8, gryphon on page 9?

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    Copy all, gentlemen! I will go through the posts again..this time with pen and paper.
    Thanks.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    So if I want to suppress my SBR, I need to have either a fixed stock or collapsible stock, and OAL has to be at least 29" (collapsible stock extended), but I cannot have a folding stock because a folding stock and suppressor together are too many bad features. Is this correct?

schnejerator

dabbled in pacifism once
    Sep 26, 2014
    haggistucky
    So if I want to suppress my SBR, I need to have either a fixed stock or collapsible stock, and OAL has to be at least 29" (collapsible stock extended), but I cannot have a folding stock because a folding stock and suppressor together are too many bad features. Is this correct?

Yes. I have the stock pinned on my Sig 556 and SCAR 16 to present folding (SCAR still collapses) for this exact reason.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    You can pin a CZ Evo stock pretty easily. I did mine to use a suppressor. IIRC: (Im going from memory)
    * drive out hinge pin
    * drive cross roll pin out that allows sliding rear half to come out
    * from the front drive the roll pin out that holds the button in. Drive it towards the rear where the sliding stock half used to be. Do not let the spring/button shoot off!
    * put a short dowel inside the spring (under the button) so you can't push the button the whole way in to open the folding mechanism anymore. You still want a little play here.
    * holding dowel/spring/button in place, test fit it back on the gun by hooking the latch first and swinging the hinge side into place. If the dowel it too long, you won't be able to get it back on. You want it so that it kind of 'pops' in. Test you can't push the button enough to get the latch to release. When you are happy w/ the length of your dowel, pop the stock back off.
    * holding dowel/spring/button in place, put the roll pin back in from the front to capture everything again.
    * put it back on the gun. Again, hook the latch side first and swing the hinge side into place. Put hinge pin back in. Double check you can not press the button in enough to open it.
    * Put sliding part of stock back on and put its cross pin back in.
    * mount suppressor and go shooting in MD

Last edited:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Went to AGC yesterday for some me time. I just have to say again how awesome the Scorpion is! I shot at 50 yards standing, and this thing is a tack driver. Well ok, I wasn't making a small hole, but well within a 4 inch group. After one mag, I figured what the hell, and switched to my off hand. Still an unbelievable shooter! And when I shot off hand from the bench, it was just as great as strong side from the bench. What are yo waiting for? Go and buy one of these!

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    check out this space blaster! I am happy i bought the CZ custom barrel nut removal tool.Using a 26mm socket and breaker bar, the nut came off with ease. I would have this completely disassembled, but I cannot find my allen key set to finish the job.

Contemplating whether or not to go full out and get it cerakoted while it is broken down completely / gets engraved.

Attachments

• IMG_20161119_163424.jpg
      IMG_20161119_163424.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 577

unshat

Feb 6, 2013
    Leonardtown
    Re: CZ Scorpion EVO SBR

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but the language concerning OAL for SBRs seems to have changed. If I recall correctly, MDSP suggested that OAL should be measured consistent with the BATFE NFA Handbook (Ch. 2, Sec. 2.1.4), which requires you to measure from the muzzle to the extended stock. Currently, there is no such reference and the site now reads:

"Overall length is measured between the extreme ends of the rifle along a line parallel to the center line of the bore. An attachment to the barrel, such as a muzzle brake or flash suppressor, should not be included in the measurement unless it is permanently affixed." from the Handgun Roster page. http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

Which sounds a lot like this:

"The overall length of a weapon made from a shotgun or rifle is the distance between the extreme ends of the weapon measured along a line parallel to the center line of the bore." from the Code of Federal Regulations, 2016. This can be found on the last sentence of the first paragraph on page 89 of the following: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2016-title27-vol3/pdf/CFR-2016-title27-vol3-chapII.pdf

The reason I bring this up is that by measuring at the extreme ends, the carbine-length handguard at the CZ Webstore will bring your EVO SBR to over 30.2" with the stock fully extended. As others have suggested, I would agree that pinning the stock will help avoid the two-feature argument that comes with mounting a suppressor.

I find it interesting that the NFA Handbook contains Title 27 of the CFR in its Appendix (starting on page 101, measurements for OAL on 108). Maybe I am misreading something but it seems like the handbook is inconsistent with the law.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom