Jan 15, 2009
    any suggestions Sig P229.

Thanks

NOBODY

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Depends on the purpose. I primarily CCW IWB with a Blackhawk flap mag holder support side, cheap and simple, works with any mag, looks like a cell or knife holder, comfortable OWB and works well basically hidden in plain sight with a T-shirt covering it. When I'm carrying light, with a single stack pistol in a pocket holster, I just tuck a spare mag in the small watch pocket of my jeans. If I'm OC ing or carrying at the range or for competition I like the Bladetech carriers, open top, adjustable retension and fast to load from.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Good answer.

What's the mag holder for, CCW, competition, OC, range trips, etc?

General purpose, Alucards suggestion is spot on. Kydex; Bladetech, Comptac, SafariLand, etc.

One reason I like bladetech better is the flared opening, making it easier to stow mags, they also can be had with tek-loks for the same price as belt loops, other brands charge more to add a tek lok "kit" if they offer it at all. For those unfamiliar, squeeze the 2 tabs at the bottom together to open or close the tek-lok, it's hinged at the top, so really easy to clip onto a belt without taking the belt off, and far more secure and stable than clips. Works awesome for changing out carriers for different courses of fire, especially for 3 gun where you may need to swap multiple single and double rifle and pistol mag holders quick in between stages. They have lots of mounting holes to change angle or height.

T2eC16R_yYFIcn5n_E8BSTe_GnQQw_60_1_large.jpeg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    One reason I like bladetech better is the flared opening, making it easier to stow mags, they also can be had with tek-loks for the same price as belt loops, other brands charge more to add a tek lok "kit" if they offer it at all. For those unfamiliar, squeeze the 2 tabs at the bottom together to open or close the tek-lok, it's hinged at the top, so really easy to clip onto a belt without taking the belt off, and far more secure and stable than clips. Works awesome for changing out carriers for different courses of fire, especially for 3 gun where you may need to swap multiple single and double rifle and pistol mag holders quick in between stages. They have lots of mounting holes to change angle or height.

T2eC16R_yYFIcn5n_E8BSTe_GnQQw_60_1_large.jpeg

Agreed, I've got a couple of them, but felt they were still a little too bulky for ccw and not easy to get on/off while wearing your rig. I'm not a fan.

Ideally, simply, slick, one piece of kydex with a belt loop. I rarely actually carry an extra mag on the belt unless I'm qualifying or shooting in a comp that requires it.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Looking to have an extra mag when if I get approved for my ccw.
    Want easy access, easy on/off and most important COMFORT.

THANKS

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I like 5.11 pants with the holster pockets. Or my jeans pocket. Just my preference. I realize they are not as fast as mag holsters, but I'm not a fan of the bat-man tool belt.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Mine is pretty cheap and easy. I like horizontal carry so the mags dont dig into my fat gut. These were a buck a piece at the military vehicle show. I split the seam down the center of the webbing that held the metal spring clips. Now my belt slides through perfectly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      123.7 KB · Views: 104

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Get one that actually slides on or clips closed on your belt. One with an open clip with just a barb under it to catch your belt when drawing it, is too risky. Nothing like doing a reload and coming up with a handful of mag pouch.

I have been using 2 Galco mag pouches for nearly 15 years now. I like these Galco "concealable" models because they ride high on the belt. Just for the times I may just wear a shorter t shirt and they don't show under.
    They are closed loop and are not coming off the belt during a draw. Also the leather is comfier and pliable. Like the picture shows, you can wear it in reverse, behind your belt for closer, tighter concealment. For this purpose, the leather makes it much more comfortable as well.

I prefer using 2 single mag pouches (when I want to carry 2 mags), so that I can separate them farther apart in order to have better concealment around the contour of my sides.
    A double mag pouch is wider and gets heavier (top heavy) and is more prone to printing at the top.

I use these for a P229 in 357Sig. (.40 cal size mags)

Attachments

• mag pouch.jpg
      mag pouch.jpg
      20.2 KB · Views: 86

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads