• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    There has to be some way to stop Frosh. I said this in another thread. Even though I will continue to contribute money to the fight to different organizations I am getting tired of paying for both sides of this fight. Somewhere, somehow, someone smarter than me has to know a way to de-fund this trainwreck

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    We had the chance to stop Frosh in the last election, but the Republicans fielded a weak candidate who didn't even have Facebook at first. I never saw him attack Frosh's record, which could be lit up like a Christmas tree.

So, barring that dude finding any actual misconduct on Frosh's part, we are stuck with him.

ddestruel

Jun 23, 2015
    id love to the 4th reject his en banc appeal... then see him appeal it to SCOTUS on a short timeline. .

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    We had the chance to stop Frosh in the last election, but the Republicans fielded a weak candidate who didn't even have Facebook at first. I never saw him attack Frosh's record, which could be lit up like a Christmas tree.

So, barring that dude finding any actual misconduct on Frosh's part, we are stuck with him.

I hate to give him the credit, but I think Frosh is smart enough not to have any really bad skeletons in his closet. At least not any that anyone can find. His record is another story.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If you read artical 5 of the MD Constitution he can be removed for not doing his duty. One thing i would think is he did nothing when his deputy got caught in NY with that video that came out. He spent taxpayer $$ on a conference he was supposed to go to instead he wanted to get into that young ladies pants.. To me that is dereliction of duty, and mabe fraud as well plus admitting he is not up to par on some of the jobs he has. He admitted he is not qualified to be in that position that he is in as well. What did Frosh do when he found out?? NOTHING!!!! IMO that is not doing your duty and removal offence in my book

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    GREAT ARTICLE

Governing.com -
    After Gun Ruling, Maryland May Take Assault Weapons Ban to U.S. Supreme Court
    Mark Graber, a law professor at the University of Maryland, said the ruling poses a serious challenge to the law -- a signature achievement of former Gov. Martin O'Malley and of Frosh, a state senator when it was passed.
    Adam Winkler, a law professor at UCLA, gave the law a slightly better chance in the lower court than Graber did.

"These laws are at the very heart of the gun control movement's agenda today," he said
    Dan Blasberg, president of the gun rights group Maryland Shall Issue, said the ruling "turned my day upside-down but in a good way." He said the case, in which his group was a plaintiff, could force the high court to consider the issue.

"This certainly could be a vehicle to get there," he said. "Our legal counsel is fairly confident they could present a good enough case to prevail."
    But Spinny Vinnie had to put his 'spin' on it ...
    Vincent DeMarco, president of Marylanders Against Gun Violence and one of the chief lobbyists for the 2013 law, claimed victory on another point.

"The gun lobby never even challenged the most important part of the law, which is the requirement that handgun purchasers be licensed and fingerprinted," he said. "That is the part of the law that will save the most lives."
    You wanna eat those words Vinnie ?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    You're not wrong. It could be. Why do it now only to have it remanded at that level? What if USDC applies strict scrutiny and decides the law still stands? SCOTUS won't want to hear it yet. Better to go back down and all the way back up for Frosh.

Scrutiny is a huge deal here. Even some of the loopiest anti-gun judges are going to have a hard time overcoming that, including Blake (who I believe will get the case again).
    IMO Frosh will go for en banc but will not petition SCOTUS.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    • Firstly: woohoo! :D
    • Secondly: It's about damned time a Democrat appointee at the appellate level had the integrity to side with the right for a change.
    • Thirdly: it means we can no longer count on the Democrat appointees to side against the right (a very good thing), which at least introduces some uncertainty into future predictions.
    • Fourthly: I think we can expect the case to be reversed en banc, but that'll depend greatly on how many Democrat appointees like Traxler there are on the 4th Circuit, versus ones like King (all but explicitly proclaiming that the court would bear responsibility for the next mass shooting? Really?). I haven't yet figured out a good way to determine that, at least without extensive research.

And finally: woohoo!! :D

Keep this up and I need to switch sides.. ;)

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    EL1227, good summary. I actually laughed when I read the statement by Vinnie. Talk about spin.. :lol2:

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    The present SCOTUS has not issued very good conservative/Constitutional rulings of late. The next SCOTUS???? Who knows??!!

Please vote in the next election. No one is perfect. Even if your presidential pick does not make it, please vote ( conservative ) anyway!!!! Don't stay home.
    We MUST win the next election. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The country is swirling the bowl......rapidly!!

Yep. I'm voting for a candidate who has pledged to support the 2A and combat illegal immigration

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE

You are absolutely CORRECT. We could have had the whole enchilada. :innocent0

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    Scrutiny is a huge deal here. Even some of the loopiest anti-gun judges are going to have a hard time overcoming that, including Blake (who I believe will get the case again).

IMO Frosh will go for en banc but will not petition SCOTUS.

He will have to petition SCOTUS if needed. Intermediate scrutiny is required for the long term plan, which is confiscation.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yep. I'm voting for a candidate who has pledged to support the 2A and combat illegal immigration

Also vote for conservatives in Congress especially the Senate because they will have to advise and consent to one or more Supreme Court appointments no matter who is elected POTUS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom