• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    AWB would pertain to all of the banned list? I.E. M1A, AK, etc? I assume so...

Yep. Every last damn one of 'em, includin' BOTH the "AK47 in all forms", AND the "avtomat kalashnikov semi-automatic rifle in any format"

Wait, "those two things are the same"?? The hell you say...:whack:

P.S. Absolutely thrilled about the state getting "served"; even if I haven't regained any liberties.

This will open the door for other states to get "served" too.

Are you readin' this Mr. "No one needs ten boolits to kill a deaahh"? Your day's comin'. :cool:

Last edited:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I don't know if it's the cynical old fart in me or just experience in dealing with democRATs & libs, but I still don't feel good about this. I guess it's because of what's happened in the country the past 8 years, how so many things have gone against reason, logic, legality & plain common sense. I hope I'm wrong.

Cautiously optimistic... Full speed ahead and damn the frosh we have to step in. We can scrape that off of our shoes later. :rockon:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Well take this as you want to but I'm not holding my breath waiting for any change, I figure it will be years before any sense is made of it, so I'll just wait for the movie to come out.;)

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So I'm sorry if this was asked up thread, but what happens if the state does nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the state does nothing, the District Court will set a date to begin rehearing the case using the guidance set forward by the 4th Circuit.

The state will then have to make the argument that FSA 2013 is constitutional under strict scrutiny.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    If the state does nothing, the District Court will set a date to begin rehearing the case using the guidance set forward by the 4th Circuit.

The state will then have to make the argument that FSA 2013 is constitutional under strict scrutiny.

Frosh has already announced he will appeal. En Banc coming next.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Or how 'bout Jack McCauley? Joe Vallario? Kathleen Dumais? A computer chess playing d-bag?

Anyone in the MGA, especially who were strongarmed or "whip"ed.

You need to check yourself here. Jack McCauley has never been in the GA. He is a fantastic human being and an heroic champion for our rights.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I know there are many here that "dislike" the NRA. Do not get me wrong they have stepped in it a few times themselves, but one thing is right, they are the most powerful gun rights group in the country. Yes they do not throw good money after bad in MD because of the MDGA when they can win 10 smaller cases with same money than to lose 1 larger case in a state like MD. Its about putting out the most fires with "limited" resources that they as an organization have. Its great they bankrolled most of this case and kept it "quiet". I wish they would do more fighting in the state but facts are facts the system in place in MD is stacked against them even with a "republican" governor that 50-50 chance to win would look like a slam dunk in this state

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    You need to check yourself here. Jack McCauley has never been in the GA. He is a fantastic human being and an heroic champion for our rights.

Yep. He was with the Maryland State Police and he was in charge of the Licensing Division.

He was asked to testify in regards to FSA2013/SB281, and when asked certain questions by the General Assembly he was instructed not to answer by somebody on O'Malley's staff. Since O'Malley was his boss, he had no option but to obey the command.

Found the back story:

http://watchdogwire.com/maryland/20...e-commander-not-to-answer-gun-bill-questions/

Feb 4, 2016
    Yep. Every last damn one of 'em, includin' BOTH the "AK47 in all forms", AND the "avtomat kalashnikov semi-automatic rifle in any format"

Wait, "those two things are the same"?? The hell you say...:whack:

This will open the door for other states to get "served" too.

Are you readin' this Mr. "No one needs ten boolits to kill a deaahh"? You're day's comin'. :cool:

:lol:

You have no idea how much that just made my day!

Sometimes it's easy to forget that like-minded people from elsewhere are paying attention to each others' local issues...

In fact a lot of the unregistered guests that were on here today were doing exactly that because this thread was linked in discussions on nyfirearms.com, ar15.com and calguns.net- and those are just the forums I'm aware of. I'm sure there were plenty of others!

Congrats to you all for having a Federal Circuit Court with some integrity!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I know there are many here that "dislike" the NRA. Do not get me wrong they have stepped in it a few times themselves, but one thing is right, they are the most powerful gun rights group in the country. Yes they do not throw good money after bad in MD because of the MDGA when they can win 10 smaller cases with same money than to lose 1 larger case in a state like MD. Its about putting out the most fires with "limited" resources that they as an organization have. Its great they bankrolled most of this case and kept it "quiet". I wish they would do more fighting in the state but facts are facts the system in place in MD is stacked against them even with a "republican" governor that 50-50 chance to win would look like a slam dunk in this state

Most of these cases are going to come from states like Maryland, California, New York, New Jersey, DC, etc. What gun rights case are you going to take to court in Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas, Arizona, Texas, etc.? They rarely pass any form of gun control. So, these gun control issues have to be litigated in these extremely blue states. There is no option. Heller came out of DC. McDonald came out of Chicago.

Now, fighting the legislature on passing these bills is almost a no-win situation. Maybe that is why these things have to be fought in court. I really, really, really hope I was wrong about my position that we should have taken this to a referendum. If we win at the judicial level, especially if this goes to SCOTUS, I will be cleaning egg off my face with a grin from ear to ear. I am still trying to come down from cloud 9 after reading about this today.

Of course, the HQL is another issue that bugs the heck out of me.

ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    so the one newbie here who wants to fight using the issue using the equal protection challenge? Wasn't that shot down in this decision? Sort of corn-fused.

Yea I think it was shot down by this decision.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    Most of these cases are going to come from states like Maryland, California, New York, New Jersey, DC, etc. What gun rights case are you going to take to court in Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas, Arizona, Texas, etc.? They rarely pass any form of gun control. So, these gun control issues have to be litigated in these extremely blue states. There is no option. Heller came out of DC. McDonald came out of Chicago.

Now, fighting the legislature on passing these bills is almost a no-win situation. Maybe that is why these things have to be fought in court. I really, really, really hope I was wrong about my position that we should have taken this to a referendum. If we win at the judicial level, especially if this goes to SCOTUS, I will be cleaning egg off my face with a grin from ear to ear. I am still trying to come down from cloud 9 after reading about this today.

Of course, the HQL is another issue that bugs the heck out of me.

NRA still has to give the lobbying money to keep gun proponents in office, and they pay big money to pass pro gun legislation in other states. It's not always about knocking down every bad law that comes up. By promoting the pro gun culture in other states, they continue to make Maryland look like the abnormal outlier. We need that just as much as we need money to fight the bad laws in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom