• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    I have a Parker crossbow that is a few years old. It shoots fine and has a scope that came with it. The problem is during low light conditions it's hard to see through the scope. Can someone recommend a scope that collects more light?

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I use a red dot on my crossbow. Not sure why anyone uses a scope on a crossbow. How far are you planning on shooting?

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I use a red dot on my crossbow. Not sure why anyone uses a scope on a crossbow. How far are you planning on shooting?

Red dots SUCK at very first light and last light. Plus 40 yards with no magnification leaves a lot of precision to be desired. I have a truglo scope on mine with fixed magnification and wouldn't ever go back to a red dot.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Barnett red dot here.
    It has 3 dots stacked vertically for different distances. You also have the option of turning it to green dots. Green or red both have dimming setings depending on how bright you want them.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I bought a Barnett Recruit a couple of weeks ago that came with this scope: http://www.amazon.com/Barnett-Illuminated-Rifle-Scope-Reticle/dp/B004HW3JH8

The 1/4 MOA adjustments took a while to get it sighted in at 20 yards but once it was set I was VERY happy with it. I did end up buying 6 more bolts because I didn't realize how accurate and repeatable a crossbow would be once it was setup. Now I know to not aim at the same spot on my target.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Red dots SUCK at very first light and last light. Plus 40 yards with no magnification leaves a lot of precision to be desired. I have a truglo scope on mine with fixed magnification and wouldn't ever go back to a red dot.
    Have you ever actually hit a target or a deer at 40 yards with a crossbow?

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Have you ever actually hit a target or a deer at 40 yards with a crossbow?

Sure have hit a target well past 40 yards.
    After sighting in the scope on my crossbow I set it on the lead sled and hit 8 of 9 shots on a 14"x14" target at 100 yards.

OP if you buy a scope for your crossbow make sure you buy one that is set up for the speed your bow shoots. They have drop compensators for several yard marks that are bases on the fps your bow shoots at.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    The excalibur twilight is one of the best. 44mm objective with a 30mm tube. Illuminated, with arrow speed settings and calibrated to 60 yds

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom