• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I use a bag for the fore-end, and a sock filled with rice for the butt. I use my free hand to squeeze or un-squeeze the sock the get stable.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    How did this work out for you?

Thanks for the tips and suggestions on rifle rests:). Went to Bass Pro today intending to get the Caldwell Lead Sled Solo that was on sale, put it in my cart and was just about to leave when I spotted this box on the bottom shelf. It was a Blackhawk Sporter Titan R2 rifle rest, after looking at it for a couple minutes my mind was changed to get this one. It felt like it was built stronger an d had more weight to it and I liked that it had dual rails so you could mount magazine-fed rifles like the AR/AK/SKS. The Elevation wheel was big and made of metal, feet had both metal spike and rubber pads. You could remove the weight tray if you wished. After getting home I figured out you are able to remove the rear butt support and use the front assembly as a standalone rest. It cost a little more then the Caldwell Lead Sled Solo but my wife has always tells me you get what you pay for and I like this one so the few extra dollars wasn’t a problem. Looking forward to taking it out and zeroing in my rifles in the next week.:rolleyes:

Was wondering what your experience was with this rifle rest, they're on sale for $70 incl. shipping

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Was wondering what your experience was with this rifle rest, they're on sale for $70 incl. shipping

It worked out great, I've used it to zero in a couple different scopes, removed the tray when the extended mags need a little extra clearance. I even used just the front support removed from the whole frame as a stand alone support with a bull bag at the rear, got a great deal at Freds Fire sale, two heavy bags for $10.

I don't remember the final cost but it was a lot less then the Caldwell supports they were over $100, I think I paid $75. Got it at Basspro. I really like that its heavy duty metal not plastic. I would buy it again.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Front Rest.jpg
      Front Rest.jpg
      66.6 KB · Views: 167
    Last edited:

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    It worked out great, I've used it to zero in a couple different scopes, removed the tray when the extended mags need a little extra clearance. I even used just the front support removed from the whole frame as a stand alone support with a bull bag at the rear, got a great deal at Freds Fire sale, two heavy bags for $10.

I don't remember the final cost but it was a lot more the Caldwell supports but at the time they were over $100 think I paid $75. Got it at Basspro. I really like that its heavy duty metal not plastic. I would buy it again.:thumbsup:

Cool, so you could easily go from sighting in an AR to something like a Garand?

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Cool, so you could easily go from sighting in an AR to something like a Garand?

Yes the tray is metal and come out with 1 thumb screw. You can add a plate to the tray for more weight or use the front support as a stand along. It a well built heavy rest The only negative thing I can say about it is would be I wish the front rest was a little taller when I use the it as a stand along I would like it to be 3-5 inch taller, but I'm able to add height with something easy and it works fine.

Attachments

• Remove weight tray.jpg
      Remove weight tray.jpg
      66.7 KB · Views: 136

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Yes the tray is metal and come out with 1 thumb screw. You can add a plate to the tray for more weight or use the front support as a stand along. It a well built heavy rest The only negative thing I can say about it is would be I wish the front rest was a little taller when I use the it as a stand along I would like it to be 3-5 inch taller, but I'm able to add height with something easy and it works fine.

Thanks for the feedback, ordered one from Cabela's yesterday for $70 shipped. With regards to height, it's just like anything else no one model can do everything perfectly. I think as long as you can replace the rear with a bag, it would work for my needs. I don't intend to be a full time bench rest shooter, only use it for zeroing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom