AAF&G 2-Man 3-Gun Team Event (2 November, 2014)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ansky26

Feb 2, 2009
    Anne Arundel Co
    Anne Arundel Fish & Game Association is pleased to announce our first team multigun event. On Sunday, 2 November, AAF&G will be hosting a 2-Man 3-Gun match on the AAF&G Action Range.

This will be a four stage match and we will accept 24 teams to shoot it. There will be both relay stages and "Rolling Thunder" (both teammates shooting simultaneously) stages. The match fee will be $30 per person ($20 for AAF&G members).

This advanced notice is to give people time to find teammates and get your guns, ammo, and equipment sorted out. We will send out the formal match announcement and begin registering teams a month before the match. Registration is per team, and each team must have exactly two shooters. (Rest assured, if somebody has a teammate bail right before the match, we will do our best to accommodate by pairing up lone shooters.) We will wait-list both teams and individual shooters in case there are last minute openings for either.

Right now, our goal is to have all teams compete in the same equipment division so everybody can be scored head-to-head. This is not, however, a final decision and may change. For planning purposes, though, assume everyone will shoot Tactical Optics Rimfire (TO-RF). See the rules (linked below) for precise details, but basically this means:
    • Any IDPA or USPSA legal pistol (other than USPSA Open);
    • Any pump or semi-auto shotgun (12ga or smaller) with bead or iron sights, a tube-fed magazine, and no ports/comps; and
    • Any .22LR detachable magazine rifle (iron sight, red dots, or scopes).
    Each shooter will need his or her own pistol and shotgun. The stages will be set up to allow a team to share a rifle, but also allow shooters to use separate rifles if they wish. For planning purposes, 100 rounds for each gun should be enough. We may also have slugs and/or buckshot for the shotguns (no more than 20 rounds of each, and more likely 8 to 10).

So, start planning! If you want to shoot but can not find a teammate, let us know. We will try to keep a list of interested solo shooters to try to fill teams and unexpected vacancies.

If you want to shoot but think that the TO-RF division is problematic for your team, let us know, but keep in mind that we may not use centerfire rifle cartridges at AAF&G (only .22LR or pistol calibers such as 9mm, .40S&W, or .45ACP). We can expand division choices prior to formal sign-up if we need to. Given that there are no prizes in play—just bragging rights—we hope everyone will choose to try and shoot head-to-head in TO-RF, however.

The match will be run according to the provisional AAF&G Action Multigun rules, available here:

The Match Director is Walt Romaniw; the Range Master is Colin Wynne. All match feedback and questions should be sent to the following address:

If you are not currently receiving AAF&G match announcements, please go to the AAF&G IDPA website and click through to "how to enter our matches." This will get you on the mailing list for match updates and the sign-up announcement.

We look forward to seeing you in November!

—Walt & Colin (AAFG3Gun@gmail.com)

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    based on what I've read on the AAF&G website,

"Every shooter who is new to action pistol shooting must complete a safety class and observe a match before shooting in an IDPA or USPSA match at AAFG for the first time. The purpose of the class is to ensure that every shooter receives the same instruction regarding match procedures, range safety and IDPA range commands. This requirement is waived for shooters who are current members of IDPA and are classified Marksman or higher in any division, or shooters who are current members of USPSA and are classified 20% or higher in any division. All others, regardless of experience, background or skill level, must complete the safety class before shooting a match at AAFG. The class is run at least one Saturday every month."

one cannot be a "new" shooter and participate in this event or is this waived for this event?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Joe.. The way i read it.. If the shooter haven't shot idpa the class is required. But if you meet the min. req.. You r gtg. I think you got the idpa and uspsa prereq.. ;)

ansky26

Feb 2, 2009
    Anne Arundel Co
    If you are new, contact us as soon as you can and we will try to get folks into a new shooter class before the match. That's one of the reasons for getting this announcement out two months in advance.

Also, when you send in the subscription e-mail, mention if you've shot matches at any of the other clubs in the area (York, PNTC, &c.). We understand that, while IDPA and USPSA have formal classification systems, 3-Gun does not.

Cheers!
    CJW

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    Joe.. The way i read it.. If the shooter haven't shot idpa the class is required. But if you meet the min. req.. You r gtg. I think you got the idpa and uspsa prereq.. ;)

yep, I've got it. I just had a couple of new shooters (not ranked in IDPA or USPSA, but they have shot them, just no classified) at work interested in this and making the trek up to participate.

i'll point them to the link and let them decide if they want to attend the new shooter's class.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Update: I am in a team!!!

I'm interested.

*Don't have a partner. Who wants to pair up? I'm a MM in IDPA...middle of the pack in most matches.
    *Don't have tactical .22
    *I do have 9mmAR if they add that category.

Last edited:

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    If you are new, contact us as soon as you can and we will try to get folks into a new shooter class before the match. That's one of the reasons for getting this announcement out two months in advance.

Also, when you send in the subscription e-mail, mention if you've shot matches at any of the other clubs in the area (York, PNTC, &c.). We understand that, while IDPA and USPSA have formal classification systems, 3-Gun does not.

Cheers!
    CJW

So if you are a former USPSA member and have shot multiple multi gun matches at York, PNTC or Tarheel then you are able to apply without the "new shooter" training?

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    So if you are a former USPSA member and have shot multiple multi gun matches at York, PNTC or Tarheel then you are able to apply without the "new shooter" training?

I shouldn't speak for ansky26 and I won't. I will say that this range has the tightest restraints on muzzle direction of any range I've shot. It's in suburban Annapolis and losing their range is an issue forever hanging over their head

ansky26

Feb 2, 2009
    Anne Arundel Co
    The official match announcement went out to those on the mailing list. If you haven't subscribed already and wish to shoot the team match, please do so and ask for info on the match. If you have *any* previous classification in IDPA or USPSA, indicate that and it may obviate the newbie class requirement.

Cheers,
    CJW

ansky26

Feb 2, 2009
    Anne Arundel Co
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. It was a lot of work putting it together, but we had a lot of fun running it and we are glad everyone enjoyed it!

Cheers,
    CJW

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom