• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evil Twin

Jun 13, 2009
    is it being limp wristed, is that why it stovepipes? purty neat.

I don't think it could be, since it's in a fixture. I'm also wondering if the results might possibly be a bit different if it was in someone's hands instead of a fixture. I once had a gen 2 or gen 3 (don't remember which) Glock 22 and couldn't group with it at all. I now have exactly zero Glocks, but I have used other peoples' Glocks and haven't seen any better groups with theirs. The couple that I have tried were newer gen 4's, and they didn't stovepipe on a regular basis.

Now the big question. How do you fix it?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I don't think it could be, since it's in a fixture. I'm also wondering if the results might possibly be a bit different if it was in someone's hands instead of a fixture. I once had a gen 2 or gen 3 (don't remember which) Glock 22 and couldn't group with it at all. I now have exactly zero Glocks, but I have used other peoples' Glocks and haven't seen any better groups with theirs. The couple that I have tried were newer gen 4's, and they didn't stovepipe on a regular basis.

Now the big question. How do you fix it?

Depends how u set up the ransom test. Its pretty common to have limp-wrist malfunctions depending on how things are set up. It did kindve look like the ejector wasn't making any contact with the base of the brass though.

Feb 28, 2013
    People wonder why I don't like polymer frame handguns. I'm sure that my 1911 warps and moves when fired but it can't be as much as that

It's not a bad thing. The material by nature is elastic, so it's unavoidable. The polymer actually can tolerate that a little better than steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom