• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I checked out the CZ line in Harrisburg yesterday. Thought I wanted the BD but the flat grips on it made it feel like a whole different gun and not for the better. There was a custom model with very flat grips, http://czcustom.com/czprotek2black.aspx, I didn't like that one either.

Rep told me guns are backordered for quite a while, which is what Atlantic G. told me. The Gun Rack is listed as one of their dealers. I read in this forum they don't pick up their phone. Not true, they pick it up for a fraction of a second and hang up.

Anybody seen any in a local shop recently?
    Henry

Moneymaker

Mar 7, 2012
    College Park, MD
    The gun rack did have a cz p01 and a couple other models when I was there a couple days ago. Also might want to call Constitutional firearms I think they had the regular 75 in stock.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sort of true. CZ's were heavily backordered during the craze. Some like 75 BD's and PCRs were relatively avaialble. But others like SP01's and particularly the .40 models were unobtainium.

That has changed and they have started to pop-up frequently with some of the bigger distributors. Keep your eyes on GB and Slick Guns. Some of the prices on the plain jane's are insantely low.

If you have the HQL and the money Id get a basic B (classic!) and then a SP01 or 01. I have a Pre-B, a B, a BD and a P01 and they are some of my favorite guns.

B's and BD's were appearing routinely between $450 and $500 just be patient.

There also was someone who was trying to unload a SP01 in the classifieds for ages. If he hasnt sold it sure he would be interested in cutting a deal. If I wanted to bother with the HQL I would probably look him up.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    If you have the HQL and the money Id get a basic B (classic!) and then a SP01 or 01. I have a Pre-B, a B, a BD and a P01 and they are some of my favorite guns.

I'm leaning toward the satin stainless. I'm not sure I want to deal with the HQL expense. For reasons political and financial (taxes) Maryland will be in my rear view mirror in the next couple of years. However I do have the itch that needs scratched.

Thanks to all that answered
    Henry

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

I'm leaning toward the satin stainless. I'm not sure I want to deal with the HQL expense. For reasons political and financial (taxes) Maryland will be in my rear view mirror in the next couple of years. However I do have the itch that needs scratched.

Thanks to all that answered
    Henry

Satin stainless is hard to find. Thats typical CZ, what you want at the moment will be unavailable. When you move on and spend your money elsewhere they will be everywhere. Also CZ has never really been committed to stainless as most of their market doesnt really care, so they can be the scarcer models.

For a while I really wanted a polished stainless for a barbeque gun! Ended up getting a police marked BD and a PreB. Then 2 weeks later I saw a polished at a really good prie.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Damascus has a nice stock, even some CZ-85s(Have not seen those available for a while).

http://www.damascusgunshop.com/shop/pistols/cz-75/cz-75-b-matte-stainless.html

Only problem is they are out of state, so you have to pay for transfer and fired shell casing plus MD HQL(App Fee, Fingerprints, Blood/Urine Test, Anal Probe, Sacrifice First Born to Chairman Owe'Maoley) if you don't have one. Yeah it's a long list, but we are talking about a CZ here.

elbert

Aug 22, 2013
    here
    I got a B a couple of weeks ago from A1 Uniform (they're an IP). I think they might have another one.

reddobie0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Lost Somewhere
    Just bought a CZ 75BD police on GB for $500. Guy bought recently never shot it, but since he registered it already, no spent shell casing which saves me $. Gun is new and most new ones on GB average about $530 or so for buy it now price, but you have to get a shell casing and they might not ship to MD. There was two used ones for sale in MD yesterday on GB.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just bought a CZ 75BD police on GB for $500. Guy bought recently never shot it, but since he registered it already, no spent shell casing which saves me $. Gun is new and most new ones on GB average about $530 or so for buy it now price, but you have to get a shell casing and they might not ship to MD. There was two used ones for sale in MD yesterday on GB.

A couple additional notes

1. You can have a gun without a shell casing shipped to MD, but you have to have an FFL with a manufacturers license to the casing. A1 Supply does it gratis (only one I know who does), they rock. I had a BD Police sent to them back in September to take some strain off my trusty B. Not really a problem but it gets annoying for guns with expensive mags (and CZ mags are not the cheapest)

2. If you have a gun with a mag over the limit of 10 rounds you can have it shipped here (if the online dealer will) your FFL will just compenscate the mag. Its a sick little penalty but life in MD. Otherwise you need to find a 10rd mag model. If buying from an individual see if they will drop it in the mail to a friend in another state or talk to your FFL about similar options.

Hope this helps!

reddobie0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Lost Somewhere
    That's what I've been doing having mags shipped to my mom's house in York,Pa. I bought three guns on GB from private sellers and they have had no problem sending mags there. It was my residence 20 years ago. Lol. I hate dealing with the spent shell casings and a ouple places I checked wanted $50. Thanks for info.

Me for one, I think the CZ is a good looking pistol! I can't wait to get it and see how it shoots compared to my hi-power.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    img_0206640x480.jpg
    I'm looking at a pre-B. What are your thoughts on it relative to the later versions?

Functionally, little difference both quality guns, quality materials etc. The current B's are probably a little more refined whereas they are all polycoat (except stainless and duo tone). Pre-B's may be polycoat or a crappy black paint.

What makes the CZ75 (pre-B) cool is the spurred hammer. Nice guns, not super common, if you are looking at one that is reasonably priced buy it.

Below is mine, paid too much (Beer and Gunbroker) its a little rough finish wise and has seen some rounds. But it is a non-import marked gun, brought back at some point during the cold war by someone stations in Germany.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    If the only thing you didn't like about the gun was the grips then good news you can get all kinds of aftermarket replacement grips.

As far as good places to get a CZ there is shop down by me in St Marys county that can get CZs. PM Me if interested.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    If the only thing you didn't like about the gun was the grips then good news you can get all kinds of aftermarket replacement grips.

As far as good places to get a CZ there is shop down by me in St Marys county that can get CZs. PM Me if interested.

Ya there is nothing like a set of CZ embossed rosewood grips!

Not cheap but............

985135.jpg

If I had gotten the polished gun I wanted, it would be wearing a set of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom