• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    A few days ago I picked up the Vickers Enhanced Slide Catch and installed in my Gen 4 Glock 19. Tonight, I tried to detail strip the gun,and I couldn't get the trigger pin out. I removed the locking block pin, which came out just fine. The rear pin comes out easily as well, but I couldn't get the trigger pin out, even using a punch and mallet.

I haven't shot the gun since installing the new slide catch and I figured it might loosen up a bit, but for now, it seems stuck. The slide release functions fine. The trigger works and resets properly, but I just can't get this damn pin out.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you overcome it?

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Thanks. I'll give it another shot later today. I wiggled it in every direction but stopped when I started to get a little heated.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    Beating on a pin punch with a mallet will do damage to a Glock. The forward pins are not held in place by a tight fit, like a typical roll pin.

You push the pin out with mild pressure (a straightened paper clip will do it too) once you move the slide stop lever forward and down to clear it from the groove in the pin on the left side.

Many Glock disassembly vids on YouBoob show people banging on their pistol with a hammer. Major failure there.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Beating on a pin punch with a mallet will do damage to a Glock. The forward pins are not held in place by a tight fit, like a typical roll pin.

You push the pin out with mild pressure (a straightened paper clip will do it too) once you move the slide stop lever forward and down to clear it from the groove in the pin on the left side.

Many Glock disassembly vids on YouBoob show people banging on their pistol with a hammer. Major failure there.

Thanks for the advice! I gently tapped with the mallet. I was afraid to hit it to hard due to the possibility of damaging the gun. Before I put this slide stop in, the pin came out with ease.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The slide stop is what retains the pin, it sits in a groove locked by the stop spring, so you would have to beat it pretty hard till it jumps out, probably shearing a piece of the stop with it, or at least bending it, or possibly damaging the mounting area reinforcements. I push out the top pin first, then put pressure from the left on the trigger pin, and push the slide stop rearward(might need to wiggle it if new) with it laying down on the frame, soon as the pin pops loose just push it out, then push out the rear pin.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    This f'ing thing was tough. Not a lot of wiggle room in any direction. Finally got it with a lot of finesse and no more beating. As long as everything goes well on my next range trip, I won't be taking this thing apart for a long time.

Thanks for the help everyone.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Brand new glocks can be a bit tight but you shouldn't need so much pressure. The extended slide stop is probably tighter than the factory one. Remove the top pin and hold on to the release while wiggling it around and applying pressure to the pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom