• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    You never hear about the people protecting their family and home, just the crazies are in the news. On the 10th of Jan in Logansville Georgia a woman protecting her two 9 year old children shoot a burglar 5 times who broke down a number of doors to get to her and her children. The husband on the 911 call tells her if the burglar opens that door you shoot him, and that what she did, Now she and her children are save. That is how you protect children from harm.:gun3:

That is why I have guns in my house to protect me and mine from harm! My house is armed and we will use them.

http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/1822877/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/10/us/home-invasion-gun-rights/index.html

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Showing guns in a positive light does not fit the media or the administration's agenda. For every lunatic, there have to be 100 stories of how a firearm protected a family

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Actually, this particular example has come up a couple times. It's used as "proof" that all you need for home defense is a six-shot revolver.

The bad guy walked away with 5 holes, she missed once, lucky there was only one bad guy, that why I have 17, two to the chest 1 to the head, if 17 not enough there 34 more where that came from.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Thats because 95% of the media is BIASED AGAINS guns and far from being objective they choosse to not report the positive events of how guns have saved epopels lives and protected their property.

Anne Coulter, who I cannopt stand...actually had a good blog on her bolg site, someone on here had it posted to read, and she goes into detail about this. And how a recent survey just happened to leave out NUMEROUS articles and events that were positive for CCW.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Showing guns in a positive light does not fit the media or the administration's agenda. For every lunatic, there have to be 100 stories of how a firearm protected a family

Armed Self-defense News Stories:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Thanks Jim this does make me feel better.

You got to love it, the number of stories out of Texas and Florida, don't see any from New York I guess those would be Victim news stories:rolleyes:

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Even the Brady foundation admits that firearms prevent or stop a crime in process. Their estimates claim around 150,000 times per year. Let's see, 150,000 crimes prevented, but the media focuses on 8000 deaths.

Oh, and other spices say it is closer to over 2 MILLION instances because the Brady numbers only cases where a police report was filed. We've all heard or been a part of instances where simply displaying a gun can stop a perp in their tracks.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Guns save lives.

Here you will find daily stories of law abiding citizens successfully using firearms to defend themselves, their families, and others.

Join their mailing list for daily news updates or follow the "Guns Save Lives" news highlights on MSI's 2A Resource Room Facebook page.

Thanks :D but I have made it a point to not join or have accounts on Facebook, twitters, Linkedin, or an of the dozens other social web sites.

The fact I’m on this web site is pushing the limits of my Cyber foot print, call it an occupational necessary .:tinfoil2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom