• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Question. I am thinking about linking a rear Magpul MBUS sight up to a Diamondhead gas block front sight. Will this combination work and be level using two different companies or will I have to buy an entire Diamondhead front/rear sight combo set? Don't feel like smoking $250.00 on flip up sights if I do not have to and would like to utilize the MBUS rear sight that came on my S&W Mp sport AR15 that is not in use due to the fact I installed an Olympic Arms carry handle. Thanks!!

Last edited:

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    From what I understand, you need to use a gas block flip-up sight, because mounting a MBUS on a railed gas block, a) won't get you to the right height (MBUS wants to be same height as upper rail), and b) has a good chance of melting, or at least softening enough to get out of true.

Edit: sorry, misunderstood--you want to use a rear MBUS. That should be fine.

Last edited:

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I am aware of this. I just needed to make sure that a different brand of front flip up sight will be level with the rear mbus sight I currently have. Any insight on this would be great (mbus will not be on the gas block if it works it will be samson or diamondhead).

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Just got an email from Samson Industries. Their gas block sight will line up perfectly with Magpul MBUS sights. Just a little fyi for you guys buying dpms oracles or Stag Arms model 3's without any factory sights!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom