• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I've been contemplating upgrading my trigger on the 17 I use for steel etc.

Currently I have a glockworx spring kit, 3.5 lb connector and I polished the internals myself. It's okay, but I was wondering if I'd get better performance with one of these kits.

Anyone have experience with them? Should I go all out and get the fulcrum or the standard?

What about the reduced firing pin spring, any reliability issues?

Thanks

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Never tried a glockworx kit so I can't tell you about their kits other than to tell you the fulcrum will exclude you from some of the games like IDPA, and USPSA Production class.
    If the standard kit can get you to 2lbs like they claim I would go for it. The trigger on my game gun breaks at 2.25lbs but it cost me a couple hundred dollars and a few hours to get there.
    If you lighten the striker spring you will need to replace it every couple thousand rounds or so or you will have reliability issues and you may need to switch to Federal primers. Other primers use a harder cup and some guns won't set them off after being lightened.

Uncle Krunkle

Sep 29, 2010
    My Glock story: I bought 2 Glock 17 Gen 4's last fall. Shooting them was my first real experience with pistols. I had a friend from the military police teach me how to shoot. I was really disappointed and frustrated at how hard it was to reliably hit a target (unless I did a slow trigger pull). Rather than put in a lot of time and ammo into getting better slowly through practice, I decided to upgrade my pistol (to get better instantly). I ended up buying almost every upgrade part and kit from Glockworx. It did reduce my trigger pull. It was easy to compare how much, because I only upgraded one of my Glocks. I have the fulcrum kit with the ZT Skeletonized Striker. I've shot hundreds of PMC rounds without any problems. I've also shot a bunch of different reloads without any problems (with CCI primers). If I could of done it over again, then I would have gotten a better gun!!! But I probably only say that because I'm waiting on a suppressor, so once I get a threaded barrel and taller sights, a HK USP tactical would have been a lot cheaper.

It's hard to say whether or not it's improved my shooting (time will tell). A more experienced shooter would be a better judge on the product. I've learned that there are no shortcuts!! I shoot at the AGC range west of Baltimore, if you want to meet there and try out a thousand dollar Glock.

Oh yea, I do think the $55 Tungsten Guiderod was waste, but you probably weren't considering that.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    I must say, of all the mods I tried on my glocks the best bang for the buck was ghost rocket tactical. Everything else has been a waste of money. IMHO it comes down to the fact that one must ultimately accept a glock trigger for what it is and what it is not / will not / can not be. Plenty of other makes out there with great triggers. Glocks were designed with something else in mind so there just isn't a good solution to be had.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have the fulcrum trigger in my G23. I love it. I think it is way better than stock. Than is just my opinion....

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I only have the glockworx spring kit and connector in my 17, so I don't think there would be a very appreciable difference between that and yours (but that setup is my favorite and relatively cheap.)

I have a Vanek classic in my 34 and while it is nice, it breaks a little too smoothly for me (if that makes sense, it makes the trigger not very glock-like)

I have shot the fulcrum in a 19 and it was nice, my happiness with the glockworx spring kit and connector would most likely preclude me from buying a fulcrum though.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I only have the glockworx spring kit and connector in my 17, so I don't think there would be a very appreciable difference between that and yours (but that setup is my favorite and relatively cheap.)

I have a Vanek classic in my 34 and while it is nice, it breaks a little too smoothly for me (if that makes sense, it makes the trigger not very glock-like)

I have shot the fulcrum in a 19 and it was nice, my happiness with the glockworx spring kit and connector would most likely preclude me from buying a fulcrum though.

You basically answered my question. I'm pretty happy with my current setup and I'm hesitant to go full tilt to a fulcrum. But I wasn't sure if the standard would really be an improvement over my hand polished internals and 3.5 connector. I might go with the spring kit just to see what that does. I am sorta interested in a lighter firing pin spring but with the lower mass firing pin. I am concerned about reliability issues tho with a light spring and standard pin.

Thanks

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    You basically answered my question. I'm pretty happy with my current setup and I'm hesitant to go full tilt to a fulcrum. But I wasn't sure if the standard would really be an improvement over my hand polished internals and 3.5 connector. I might go with the spring kit just to see what that does. I am sorta interested in a lighter firing pin spring but with the lower mass firing pin. I am concerned about reliability issues tho with a light spring and standard pin.

Thanks

No problem. If you ever want to shoot my 17 (glockworx connector and full spring kit), 19 (just glockworx connector), or 34 (vanek classic kit) I'm sure we could work something out.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Huh?

I shoot the gun just fine. Just wanted to see if I could improve the trigger a bit.

I just meant that it's a Glock. It's not tunable to 1911 trigger feel. At best they are marginally better. I have found that more shooting is better than upgrades when it comes to Glock's.

terryc1171

Lifer
    Apr 15, 2010
    Baltimore
    dude go to gc get the ghost 3lb connector and the lighter fireing pin spring and the heavier guiderod spring then look on youtube and follow the "glock 25cent trigger job" and polish the connector and the safety plunger where it shows to do so...im telling you it will make a huge difference

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    dude go to gc get the ghost 3lb connector and the lighter fireing pin spring and the heavier guiderod spring then look on youtube and follow the "glock 25cent trigger job" and polish the connector and the safety plunger where it shows to do so...im telling you it will make a huge difference

I have the 3.5 connector in my G34 and have more than a few thousand rounds through it. The trigger isn't bad but it will never feel like a custom 1911 or a Sig X5. It's good enough that it doesn't hold me back in competition. That's all I need.

terryc1171

Lifer
    Apr 15, 2010
    Baltimore
    no matter what you do its still a glock. and if you want a 1911 buy a 1911 but if you want a killing machine that will not let you down then you buy glock !!! im just saying !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom